Chapter 35

A week later

I sighed in frustration as I watched Harry talk to some blonde chick. I gritted my teeth when she gripped his arm over his t-shirt, and my fingers dug into his palm as I tried to subtly tell him to cut the conversation.

"Uhm, s-sorry. I have to go." Harry mumbled while he nodded at the girl. I didn't miss the look of disappointment that flickered in her eyes, making me roll my eyes. I harshly pulled my hand out of Harry's and walked a few steps before him. "Hey," I heard him call after me before his footsteps sounded.

I rolled my eyes, ignoring him. Although in reality, Harry had honestly done nothing wrong. I just absolutely hated how much attention he seemed to be getting ever since he stopped hiding behind that hoodie that I desperately missed.

I sighed softly, trying to blink my tears away as I walked towards the house. I couldn't help it, honestly. Lately, he'd joined the basketball team after they all but begged him to tryout, and of course, he made it into the team. And as if practice wasn't taking enough time away from us, he'd go and hang out with the team right after.

Call me selfish, but I missed the days when I had him all to myself. I almost wished people were still disgusted by him, rather than for a girl to approach him each time we were together. He was slowly slipping out of my grip, I could feel it.

And it broke my heart.

Hell, the only way I'd gotten Harry to cancel his plans for today and stay in with me was by telling him we had to have tutoring because I'd been failing again, which was absolutely far from the truth.

I walked into his house like it was mine, sighing again while I ignored Harry's calls. It wasn't until he gripped my arm that I stopped, turning to face him with a glare.

"Amelia, don't be like this, please."

"Don't be like what?" I snapped quietly.

"Like this, baby." He whispered, hands gripping my face. My heart fluttered at the gesture, because damn, I missed him. "What's wrong?"

I broke.

I pushed Harry away from me with as much force as I could muster, sending him a few feet away. "What's wrong?" I scowled,"What's wrong? I'll tell you what's fucking wrong. When was the last time we spent a day together? And I don't mean you coming back after doing God knows what to wrap your arms around me, and sleep. When was the last time we kissed? I don't mean a stupid peck, I mean actually made out. But no, you haven't got any time. I'm tired, Harry. I'm sorry, but ever since  you started getting all this attention," I scoffed,"You have no time for me. We haven't been the same. This hasn't been the same. Harry, this isn't worki-"

I was cut off abruptly by Harry's lips pressed up against mine. Sparks were all that I felt go through me. His lips moved feverishly against mine, my oh my did it feel good. But somehow, with all the self control in me, I managed to pull away and push him back.

"Harry, I-I" I panted,"I'm serious about this. We-"

"Don't say it." Harry whispered, pressing his forehead against mine as he looked down at my lips, licking his. "Please, don't say it. I'm so sorry." He whispered, cupping my face. "Fuck, Amelia. I'm sorry. I- I just got a bit carried away. I've never had this kind of attention ever, and I just- I just kind of relished in it because I know this is only temporary. I don't know if I'll ever get this kind of treatment again, after how I've been treated here for the past three years. But fuck,"

He cursed quietly,"I'm so sorry. I promise to make us work. Don't give up on me, baby. We'll work out. I-" He paused,"I promise. I'll fucking quit basketball. God, I'll do anything. Just please, don't end things with me. You're the reason I'm who I am now. I would've never been able to get through my past without you. You've always been here, you mean everything. Everything to me. And, I'm not willing to lose you."

My heart was beating wildly out of my chest, so so wildly, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. I wasn't even going to end things with him, but if I was, I'd definitely be having second thoughts because the boy definitely had his way with words.

"Don't do it, please."

I didn't reply, instead, I pressed my lips against Harry's. I parted my lips, letting him slip his tongue in while he pushed me back against the wall. His hands gripped my thighs, hoisting me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist, inevitably grinding my groin into his. I moaned, loving the feeling of Harry pressed up against.

"I love you," I mumbled against his lips. My heart stopped. His lips stopped. I dropped to the ground. What the hell did I just say? I blurted it out without thinking. But either way, I meant it with everything I had. I was absolutely sure about it.

I was in love with Harry.

Heck, if this wasn't love, I don't know what the hell love is.

I looked back up at Harry with wide eyes at my sudden realization and acceptance of the depth of my feelings for him.

And his response?

Harry's face scrunched up, he bit his lip and then muttered,"Ew."

And that's how my heart was shattered into pieces. It was humiliating, to say the least.  My jaw hit my chest, figuratively speaking, and I picked up my broken ego and headed out.

"Fuck," Harry mumbled, but I could almost hear the laughter in his voice. "Wait, wait, wait. Dammit." Harry chuckled as he grabbed my arm and pushed me against the door. One thing that had really changed about Harry was his boldness now, and how easy it was for him to take the initiative. He bit my lip, making me fight to suppress a moan, and tugged at it, releasing it in the most erotic way.

I couldn't help myself as I groaned and pushed my hips into his, only for his large hands to push me back into the door.

"Now, now. Be a good girl for Harry." He whispered, sending waves of pleasure and tingling feelings straight to my- you know.

What the hell happened to I'm so shy I can't even look you in the eye Harry?

"I love you baby. I just don't get what the hell you, someone so beautiful, perfect, could possibly see in me. But no-" He basically yelled,"Don't think about it, cause then you'd realize what a stupid mistake you're making. I love you, Amelia." He pressed his lips to mine,"Forever. I always will, forever baby."