Chapter 21

I hummed quietly as we drove to school, talking a bit and then letting the silence engulf us. I heard Harry's phone go off, and then he chuckled quietly.

I glanced at him from the corner of my eye, frowning when I saw him smile widely as he tapped lightly at the screen.

"Who's that, if you don't mind me asking?" I said, curiosity getting the better of me.

Harry turned to me,"Mm? No one."

I brushed it off, but then I couldn't help it when every time I turned to him, he'd smile while he texted whoever.

"Harry, who is that?"

"Amelia, don't worry about it."

"It's Ella, isn't it?"

"Ellen," He sighed,"Her name's Ellen."

"You're talking to her?" I scowled.

He frowned,"Yes, why?"

"I don't want you talking to her." I stated firmly as I parked the car in the nearly empty lot.

"Excuse me?"

"I don't want you talking to her." I repeated, turning to face Harry with creased brows.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means don't fucking talk to her anymore. Look at yourself, you're a giggling, blushing mess." I raised my voice, getting frustrated.

"Amelia, I can't do that." He said calmly, looking down at me with furrowed brows. I don't think anyone realized how intimidating Harry actually looked in his hoodies.

"And why not?" I scowled, not being able to help the anger and volume of my voice.

"Because she's my friend,"

It surprised me how calm he was staying with a girl in front of him, screaming her guts out.

"Your friend?" I scoffed,"She's been trying to kiss you, Harry. Don't you fucking see it?"

"Amelia, you can't tell me what to do. Or who to associate with." He frowned, clearly getting upset by the conversation.

"It's not about that, fuck." I screamed exasperatedly,"She likes you."

"Who cares? I'm not into her,"

"How fucking blind are you?" I regretted the words as soon as I spoke them.

Harry sighed,"Amelia, please stop. I'm not going to stop talking to her."

"Well maybe I should stop talking to you." What was I saying? Jesus.

Hurt crossed his features, and he looked away from me for a second.

"Amelia, please."

"Please what?" I whispered,"Harry, if you keep talking to her, she'll take it you're interested in her." I seethed in anger.

"And so what?" He frowned,"I know I'm not. You know I'm not."

"I don't fucking care." Okay, back to screaming. "She likes you, dammit." I shouted at him, banging against the steering wheel.

I seriously had anger issues, wow.

"That's the point." Harry had had enough. His voice raised and his brows furrowed deeply,"Don't you get it? That's the fucking point. When I first came to this school, she was the only person willing to even associate with me. Where were you? With your group of friends who did nothing but mock me.

She was with me throughout. She was with me before Liam and Louis. She was the first ever friend I made here. And even then, I never let her see me outside of school. But somehow, she managed to fall for me, Amelia. Without knowing anything about me. Without seeing me without these stupid clothes. She fell for me without seeing the part of me you've seen. She fell for the secrecy, the freak in the hoodie.