Chapter 40-The End

She didn't make it.

The wind rustled through my hair as I walked down the familiar streets in the slightly chilly weather. It was safe to say I'd been here over a thousand times in the past year.

But still, something tugged at my chest as the all too familiar gravestone came into view. My sweet, precious Amelia Skye. The love of my life. My everything. Now, 6 feet under, further from me than she could have ever been.

I gulped thickly and let my feet drop beside her stone. God, it hurt every single time I came here and the feeling was awful but I never could stop.

I never could stop holding on to my Amelia. I never would. Impossible.

Sometimes, I thought back to the day she left this world. It was a sickening feeling, trying to figure out a thousand things I could have done differently to save her life that day.

The pain ate at me constantly. So one could only imagine how Scott was doing. But at least, he had Angela to help him through it. However, for me, the only person who could help me through something like this was right beside me. But in the stone cold ground, buried deep under, body lifeless.

I had lost the one thing that had been keeping my life intact, and I hated it.

Nothing felt right about living without Amelia. When I'd returned to school after three weeks, shit was what it was. It was absolute shit. Girls threw themselves at me in hopes of helping me get over her while others just looked on from a distance in pity.

I couldn't take it anymore. Hence, I'd resorted to covering up and getting all the attention away from me once again. I knew it wasn't what Ami would want. But it's what I needed, at least for the time being.

God, I missed her. Graduation meant nothing to me without her by my side. I was just a lonely boy who happened to stumble out of high school, completely unready to start a new life after.

Not without the love of his life.

A single tear dropped from my eye and I didn't bother wiping at it. I simply sat on my knees
as I played with the petals of the flowers I'd gotten her.

I shut my eyes lightly and saw her, Amelia.

"Amelia?" I whispered in absolute shock.

"Hey Harry," She squealed,"Ohhh, are those for me?" She giggled, taking out the bunch from my stiff hands.

"What- what's going on?" I whispered more to myself than anyone.

"I missed you." She whispered huskily as she neared me and leaned down towards me, but just as she pressed her lips to mine, her image faded slowly and I became very much aware of surroundings.

My heart broke when I came back to reality. This was nothing new. I'd randomly have vivid flashbacks of Amelia and I together and they always seemed so real. At times, I even ended up kissing the air.

My mum had never been so worried about me. Hence, when college rolled around, she was a crying mess, mumbling about how her little baby was definitely not ready to face the world. She was right though. I really wasn't.

I bit my lip as I toyed with the keys of the car that only served as a reminder of the treacherous incidents of that day. These days, I didn't drive around much. It hurt. I'd just relive my last few moments with her in it. Why the fuck was she so stubborn. I literally told her to stay put till I came to get her. Maybe, if I hadn't taken her on that stupid adventure, none of this would have happened.

I couldn't help it when my body started to shake with tears. She was so young, so full of life, so beautiful. How could she die?

The only thing that made this situation a tad bit better was that Drew and George were in jail. Those bastards deserved to die. Not her. Not Ami. She was innocent, she didn't even want anything to do with the business.

I couldn't help the anger I sometimes felt towards Scott. If Amelia hadn't jumped in front of him to save his life, she'd still be here. With me. Helping me to discover the me I left behind years ago. But in the same way, I knew that Amelia would much rather be dead than alive after watching her brother murdered before her very eyes.

"Amelia," I whispered,"Why did you do this to me? Of all the reasons I didn't want to fall in love, this was never one of them. But now I know it should've been my greatest fear. I know I promised you I would move on and I'm not doing so much of a good job at it but it's difficult, you know? You're the best thing that ever happened to me. The last few months with you were the best I've ever experienced. You brought me out of my shell and showed me that I could be myself and be loved. I will always love you. I swear it on your grave. I wish you were alive though.

College is treating me well I guess. Nothing is the same without you, baby. Nothing. This feels just like when Gemma died. I don't know if I can take it. I don't know if this pain will ever go away. I sure as hell hope it does. You'd probably hate seeing me like this."I let out a humorless laugh as thunder sounded throughout the area.

The skies looked just like I felt.

Shitty.

"I love you, Ami. I didn't say it enough." I whispered just as raindrops started hitting the ground. As much as I tried to stand, I couldn't. I simply let my body fall limp against her gravestone as I cried.

- - - - - -

I don't know how long it was until I felt someone tugging at my arm and pulling me off the ground. I fell asleep in the middle of a cemetery in the rain? Wow, I was depressed.

"Oh my God." I heard the person shriek.

I was running. I don't know how but I was. No, I was being dragged through the rain by someone. A human being I hoped. I could barely open my eyes because of the pressure of the rain on my eyes, but soon enough, I was being pushed gently into a car and instant warmth filled my body.

My teeth were chattering and I just wouldn't stop shivering.

"Are you okay?"

My head instantly snapped upward to the owner of the voice. Her voice was sweet, her eyes were filled with concern and her blonde hair was matted to her face from the impact of the water. My eyes scanned her face as my heart rate accelerated.

God, she was beautiful.

"I'm sorry, I'm Emilia. I don't know, you just looked- I'm sorry, I couldn't just- oh God, what am I saying?"

I swallowed thickly, not hearing anything else she said apart from her name. Of course. The world was fucking taunting me. I closed my eyes. But I wish I didn't. Because when I did, I saw Amelia's face again. I couldn't help the guilty feeling that came to settle within me until the blurry face spoke to me.

"Harry, this is the one. Move on."

I broke into a coughing fit as soon as I opened my eyes and turned to her again. Emilia's worried eyes moved to mine and when she noticed mine on hers, she bit her lip shyly and looked away. I took the opportunity to let my eyes travel down her body, and I gulped again.

"Hi, I'm Harry Styles."

"Oh," She whispered. "Harry." She spoke, as if testing. "You okay?" I couldn't help but feel giddy when she smiled at me.

"Not now, but I will be. Soon."