Chapter 18

I woke up rather early today, with a smile pulling on my face as I thought about Harry. As much as I'd wanted him to sleep over since Anne was out of town, he hadn't been able to lock the place up last night because of the state in which he'd left to come to mine.

Oops.

I sighed in content, getting out of bed to do everything I needed to, since I'd have to get to Harry's first. I'd practically begged him to let me pick him up today. Surprisingly, he agreed. I decided that it'd be much better watching Harry get ready before we went to school, rather than just go pick him up when we were ready.

I looked down at my outfit, a light gray crop top with black high waisted jeans with rips at the knees and white adidas sneakers to pair. What? Since I liked a boy now, I was supposed to start wearing dresses and skirts with heels to school? The thought nearly had me gagging.

Yeah, no.

I just grabbed a water, getting into my car and driving the few miles to Harry's place. He'd given me a key yesterday, and my heart melted at the gesture of trust. I let out a sigh when I entered, it was way too early. It was around the time I'd usually be waking up.

I bit my lip, making my way upstairs. Would I have to wake Harry? Knowing him, he was probably getting dressed right now. Though I had that thought in mind, the sight I was met with when I entered his room made my heart stop.

Harry had his back turned to me as he picked something up from his desk. Nothing shocking about that. Except, he was in nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. He seemed to have just finished taking a shower, because his hair was almost black with wetness and there were little drops of water on his back. The towel hung dangerously low on his waist, and I could only imagine how wide my eyes were. I was probably drooling a fucking river right now.

His head whipped to the left, and it seemed to go in slow motion as his hair bounced with it. Okay, maybe I was slightly exaggerating.

"Oh," He mumbled when he saw me,"Amelia. I didn't hear you come in."

I wasn't even listening to him. My eyes simply scanned the mouth watering sign before me. Thank you Jesus for the perfect timing, I love you so much.

I could imagine my hands run through his hair, pulling at it and making him moan. My lips attacking his neck, down to his collar bones. I imagined myself running my fingers over his light abs, kissing just above his waist. And when I grip him, wow.

My eyes stopped at the visible outline, but just before I could take a proper look at it after clearing my eyes of the blur from daydreaming, Harry was right in front of me. And the only thing I could see now was his damp chest when I looked straight ahead.

I looked up at him, the dazed look in his eyes making my heartbeat quicken. "You shouldn't be looking at me like that if you'd like us to get to school on time," He whispered in my ear, making a shiver run down my spine.

"Oh yeah?" I managed out,"Or what?" I licked my lips,"Because I'm sure I could fit you somewhere into my schedule." I wasn't even joking right now, I wanted him with every ounce of my being and the angel over my shoulder screamed bruise his lips. Hey, don't judge her. The other side of me was screaming to make him come all over my face, so you get the point.

Harry cracked a large smile, lust gone from his eyes as he stated,"Well not me, I'm a straight A student." Harry said proudly.

"Hey, so am I." I scowled.

"Correction, Amelia." He started as he picked up a pair of boxers and made his way to the bathroom,"5 As and a D in math."

I scowled and grabbed the softest thing around me, balling a rubber bag and throwing it at Harry's back.

"Jesus, Amelia, call an ambulance, I think I'm about to die." He said cheekily as he turned, gesturing to the position where I'd hit him,"Oh, the blood. Oh, the pain."

I chuckled when he'd entered the bathroom, sighing as I got into the already made bed after taking off my shoes. I snuggled up to the pillows, somehow deciding to go through an assignment rather than watch tv.

Oh God, Harry was infecting me.

I lifted my eyes off the paper with neat writing, looking up at Harry in just his loose boxers. I gulped,"Sweetheart, are you trying to seduce me? If you want us to have sex and this is your way of getting the message across, just say the words, Harry. Fuck me, and I will definitely do it."

I let out a breathy laugh at the sight of Harry with his face squeezed and his hands over his ears as he muttered words to himself to block mine out. I grabbed a pillow, chucking it at his head. His eyes widened when it hit him, and he crawled over to me in the bed.

My eyes were wide as he advanced towards me,  and I gulped. His eyes shifted to my lips, just as his fingers pressed to my sides. I immediately swatted them away, moving to my feet and getting as far from the boy as possible.

He laughed when he stood,"Great thing you're ticklish. It would've been super embarrassing if you weren't." He said, making me chuckle.

I sighed,"You're really comfortable around me." I whispered to myself.

"What?"

I shook my head,"You're really comfortable around me. Free. Different from when you're in school, Harry."

"Well, is that such a bad thing?" He asked, cocking his head to the side as he watched me from the spot behind his closet.

I smiled lightly, shaking my head. "No." I whispered, walking back to him. My arms wrapped around his waist and I placed my head against his back. His skin was hot against mine, and his muscles tensed a bit, before he released them and let out a sigh.

Harry turned in my arms, pulling my arms around his neck while his wound around my waist. His arms tightened around me, and I let out a soft breath against his chest.

"I'm afraid to let you go," He whispered,"God, Amelia. I'm afraid you'll finally realize what a mistake you're making by hanging around me. I'm afraid you'll noticed how fucked up I am. I'm afraid you'll see how disgusting I actually am. I'm afraid you'll see the me I see. The me everyone else sees. I'm afraid you'll leave." He whispered, arms tight around my waist.

"Harry, I don't plan on leaving anytime soon." I started,"First of all, I want to show you how truly beautiful you are. Everything about you," I whispered in amazement,"I don't know why you don't see it. I don't know why I never saw it. I don't see myself though, I don't see myself being able to tear myself away from you. Heck, once you fall for the freak, there's no going back."

Harry chuckled, arms releasing me as he placed his already planned outfit on the bed. It was the usual, the usual cover up. The usual Harry we saw in school.

"I'm so happy I told you how I feel, Harry."

He chuckled,"Right. This isn't how it's supposed to be though, Amelia."

I frowned,"What do you mean by that?"

He puffed out a quiet breath,"The nerd and the popular girl? Pftttttt, please. The nerd just watches from the background. He isn't supposed to be noticed by the popular girl. He's supposed to lurk around in the back, and love her behind the scenes."

Now, don't get any ideas. Harry wasn't in love with me, he was just making a general statement.

"Well, I guess neither of us is the average who we are, right?" I smiled, watching as Harry pulled his clothes on. "You're definitely something else," I stated, pushing his hoodie down and running my fingers through his hair.

Harry smiled and leaned into my touch, letting out a long, slow breath. "Mhm,"

"Harry?" I asked as we made our way downstairs for breakfast. There was still plenty of time to pass before we had to get to school.

"Yeah?" He mumbled as he shut his door.

"Why all this?" I asked, turning to face him. When I saw the confused expression on his face, I gestured to his clothes. "Why all that? And dress so completely different when you're home. Why?"

Harry stilled, eyes wide and mouth slightly open. He hummed in response,"That's a part of me that very few people know." He whispered,"Maybe one day, I'll be ready to let you know my story."