Chapter 26

My one hand gripped the steering wheel as the other held my phone delicately. I ignored Harry when he told me to concentrate on driving, still watching my phone.

I huffed when Harry finally managed to take the phone from me, placing it in his lap. I shot up immediately there was a beep, looking over at the phone.

"You talk to my mum?" He asked in confusion.

"Uh, occasionally."

"Why?" His head cocked to the side.

"She just took my number before she went on that trip sometime ago. You know, in case she couldn't reach you, then she could call me." I lied smoothly. No stutter, no hesitation whatsoever. God, I was a horrible person.

"Oh," He blinked.

"What'd she say?" I asked eagerly, coughing awkwardly when Harry looked at me. We'd used code so it was okay for Harry to be reading the message.

"She said pineapples and pear?"

"Great," I almost yelled, hitting repeatedly at the steering wheel. I jumped back when a loud honk was heard, looking through the mirror at the road.

"That was you, Amelia."

I cringed lightly, I must look like a complete idiot. I was just overly excited, and maybe a bit worried to see Harry's reaction at the end of this date.

No, it wasn't over yet.

Not even close. No, we weren't going to have sex. Although, I honestly wouldn't mind that. By that I mean, I would love that.

"What's up with you?" Harry asked quietly.

"Nothing," I smiled, taking his hand in mine. He shot me a look but I shrugged it off and I tightened my grip on his hand.

"How was today?" I bit my lip, looking at him.

"Great, Amelia. Thank you so much." He smiled lightly while looking up at me shyly.

"And it's about to get better." I murmured as we pulled up into his driveway.

"Oh," He said quietly when he saw another car in the driveway. "I can't remember the last time my mum had guests."

I smiled cheekily, grabbing his hand and pulling him out. He followed unsurely, eyeing the car in the drive.

"It's so pretty," He frowned lightly while he scratched his neck.

"Is it, Harry?"

He frowned at me and nodded, letting out a soft sigh. Harry bit his lip, tearing his gaze from the car as we went up to the door. He pushed the door open and his brows creased when it didn't budge.

He sighed, bringing his fingers up to the wood. It wasn't long before Anne pulled the door open, dressed in her work attire and all.

"Here, Harry." She said as she handed him keys, making my smile widen. "I'm off to work." She smiled, getting into her car without letting a word leave Harry's lips.

"Wait, you forgot your friend's keys." He screamed to his mum, waving the car keys on the air.

Anne rolled the glass down, placing her arm against the window sill, and then she winked and drove off.

That was the coolest thing I've ever seen in my life.

I turned to Harry, who had the most confused expression written over his face. I smiled at Harry, unlocking the car.

"It's yours." I whispered.

Harry broke into a coughing fit, hands on his knees as he choked on nothing. My first reaction was to laugh, until he was out of breath and wheezing.