Shouto

Now I am curious. Who is she. If I were to guess from her reaction and words,  She is from a high class family and wishes to only be seen as herself and not by the name of her family.  That's what any normal person would do, but the question is, is this girl normal?

As we reenter the class room, I spot her at our desks already. She smiles at me before looking down and staring at her shoes. " You seem to enjoy using your quirk. Everything about you changes with each form. " I explain her quirk.

" that animal's features appear on your skin and some how even if it doesn't look like it, your muscles change to one of that animal. Or in some cases like that humming bird, You used only it's speed and not it's power of flight. How is that?" She touches her pointed finger and her cheek and taps. This must be what she does when she thinks.

" yes.. That is about it. um.. It's hard to explain.. So I take the.. um.. speed of a humming bird's wings and apply it to my legs. I don't know how it works but I works. " She rubs the back of her neck and I see that she's filled with embarrassment that she cant explain her quirk. I nod and I think a little more. Her quirk is quite fascinating but there is something about her that throws me off. The way she speaks and acts.

She speaks with the upmost care, with careful, but they are not the words of a high class daughter of any sort. She speaks as if speaking to a master. As if she is lower than any person she's talking to.

The way she acts is also very quire. She walk delicately, not making a sound. Her arms do not move in any way and she always looks down. If she is a member of an upper class family, she shouldn't be surprised when I compliment her and she shouldn't be this afraid of the world.

That is why I have come to a conclusion that she must be from a lower class family with some kinds of history whether it is good or bad. She must be afraid that is we are to know her family name, we will associate her with that name.

Even now as the class is dismissed, I can not say anything that will make her face forward instead of the ground. My hands stuffed inside of my pocket. The straps on my bag holding the bag on my shoulder. I walk a little ways from her and cant help but watch her.. She is quite unusual. I watch her as she avoids any contact with anyone.. I see that when she is afraid, she shakes.

I hear other talking bad of her and unconsciously, I feel the ice crawl up my arm.  I cant help but walk beside her. I tap her shoulder. She looks ready to start running as fast as she can. Her eyes wide with fear present in them. I'm glad to see that she calms when she see that's it's me.

" Where are you going? Maybe we can walk part of the way together. " I ask and she pulls out a small handbook. " I am going to this train station." She says pointing to a picture on the page she opens up to. She must not come around here very often. She doesn't even know the name of the train station.

I nod and snatch her bag from her. I stack it with my own and start walking.  " Are you stealing my bag? There is nothing in it." She says slightly running to catch up to.. " No. I'm being a gentleman. We are going to be walking to the same train stop together. " She looks at me weirdly. Then laughs quietly to her self. like the twinkle of a bell, her laughs rings in my ears.

" I have never met or seen anyone call them selves a gentleman. Also with a straight face. " She covers her mouth with the back of her hand and continues to laugh. Her small nose scrunches up  slightly and her lips curve into a smile. A painful smile.  She may not think I notice it but I do.

 She walks slightly behind me. Her hands folded together. I can not hear here footsteps.  I can't hear her breath. I peer back at her and she's look down at the ground again. 

Why does she do this.

She looks up at some point but when she spots me glancing back, she returns to looking down. I step to the side of her and hold out my arm in front of her. She collides with my arm and holds her hands on top of her head.. I see tears in her eye.. I hurt her.. but she must learn.

" If you constantly look down, you'll run into somebody." I flick her forehead. " If you are looking down while walking next to me, I will do this again. " I cross my arms. She holds a hand to her forehead. " but my eyes will meet with other people if I do not gaze down. " She whispers and I barley hear.

She is afraid of people.

I grab her hand and pull her along with me..  " Then don't look at them.. They're people. They have better things to do. If you don't pay attention to them, You wont notice them. " I explain but she's silent. I look back to see her red once again and she's staring down at my hand around hers.

" Sorry.. You don't want to be touched. " I let go and she shakes her head.. " It has been a while since anyone has held my hand in theirs. It was just surprising. I do not mind. " She looks away with a blush the color of an cheery. I take hold of her hand..

She looks happy.. just with one action...

" Alright. " I pull her to walk beside me.. " But if you walk beside me if I'm going to hold your hand. " She looks up at me in wonder but nods. Its that face again.. The one from this morning. It's the same feeling.. The beating in my chest.

I feel our arms swinging. She looks like a child.. A  smile playing on her lips. her eyes full of hope and innocence. They shine as she looks forward.

My heart pounds like I've run for miles. What is this. I'm only interested in this girl because she is interesting. She would only be a distraction for a person as strong as me. She would only get in the way. She would only get hurt chasing after someone who is far ahead of her.. The gap between our power is to large.

She would only get hurt.

But what if I just wait a little bit. Wait on the sidelines just for a short time. Would she run up to me with this smile of hers?