Chapter 1

(Edited)

"Mila!" Camila's mom shouted, she groaned as she was reminded of which dreadful day it was. Today was her first day at a new high school 'Loremount high.'

High school sucked enough on it's own never mind being the new kid.

Camila's mom had the family move to California because of her huge job promotion. Camila is sixteen years old and moving from Mexico to California and that wasn't going to be good. Although Sofia her eight year old little sister seems to be overwhelmed at meeting new friends, Camila is afraid that that is not quite how things will work for herself.

Especially anti-social low self esteem teenagers with anxiety and mild depression: Camila told her mom that she has all of the above but her mom just told her to stop being silly and cheer up. Little did she know that Camila was diagnosed by a doctor but She kept it quiet, as her mom would just fuss over Camila.

Camila and Sofia's Dad walked out on them when Sofia was two and Camila was eight. Camila blamed herself for it, the previous day she had an argument with her dad because she wanted a cell phone. He said no and she was screaming saying how she hated him but she never meant it because she was just a kid at the time. She was telling him how she wished he was never her father and the next day he never came back. Camila still blamed herself to this day for him leaving.

Once Camila got out off bed She went into the bathroom. She did her usual morning routine: brushed her teeth, took a shower, and then dried her hair which was dark brown and fell above her bottom. Camila decided to leave her hair down natural. She did her usual make up routine which wasn't much. Just some concealer and mascara which made her dark brown eyes stand out.

Today Camila was wearing black ripped jeans, a light pink colour and also (pink as in the brand) shirt with the word pink wrote in it with black sequence. She put on one of her choker necklaces and then threw on a black zip up that was quite big so that meant that it was good for putting the hood up and disappearing from the judging people called the society.

Camila took her note books from her desk, her room was still white as they had just moved and she did not intend to paint it.

Camila's room was pretty big it had oak flooring, a double bed with pink bedcovers and a desk with her computer which already lots of note pads scattered on it. Camila's guitar was leaning against the closet and she also has a big bookshelf. She loved reading to escape this world because this world is cruel and harsh.

Camila lifted seven note books,one of them being her personal note book that she writes songs in. Camila had never preformed in front of anyone because they'd just laugh at her and her songs were personal anyway.

Camila loved singing but she is not sure if she is good or not, nobody's ever heard her sing and Camila wanted to keep it that way.

Camila padded over to her book shelf and lifted the Lord of the rings, book three 'The Return of the King.'

Camila put everything into her backpack which was just a Pink (the brand ) rucksack that was a soft pink colour.

Camila slowly made her way downstairs and Sofia sat at the breakfast table eating fruit loops. She looked a lot like Camila with her brown eyes and hair, so the resemblance was obvious.

"Come on Sofia, we will be late," Their mom warned sharply, and Sofia started to eat her cereal faster.

Camila's mom drove Sofia to her new school and then Camila to her new school.