Chapter 27

(Edited)

Camila woke up slowly and opened her eyes. For a split scary second she had forgotten where she was. But she quickly was brought to her senses and remembered that she was in Miami. In her house. Not her home. It didn't feel like a home; just a house. Four walls.

Camila was about to shout on Ian to put the kettle on. She could be doing with caffeine. But she stopped herself because she suddenly remembered that Ian wasn't there. Ian said he had to go to the base to work early at 5am. Camila was planning on having a stress free relaxing day.

However her phone buzzed and she groaned and reached over to her bedside table. She opened her phone to a message.

Ian 9:32am || Hey your dad says he wants to see you. He wants to meet you in town for lunch at 11 O'clock sharp. The restaurant is called Margaret's Diner. It's very well known so when you hail a Cab or call and uber they'll know exactly where it is.

Camila let out a half hearted sigh, there goes her plans for having a relaxing day. All she wanted to do was laze around watching a movie and eating extremely unhealthy foods.

She sat up in bed and moved her hair from her face. Groaning she decided to shift herself.She googled for local uber numbers and dialled one.

"Hello, I'd like to book an taxi for half past ten to take me into town." Camila said through the phone.

"I'll see what I can do for you," the lady on the phone said and there was a short silence and the sound of somebody typing on a computer keyboard.

"I'm sorry m'am, but we are extremely busy today, the only driver available at that time going into town is taking another person. If you wanted to I could contact the driver and ask him to pick you up. The only thing is there will be another passenger with you. I'm really sorry it's because we are swept off our feet." The woman explained.

"It's fine I get it, I don't mind sharing with another person, could you tell the driver to come and pick me up please?" Camila asked.

"Yes sure no problem. Now what's your address?" The woman asked.

After Camila gave her address her taxi was sorted. She was being picked up at half past ten. That only left her thirty minutes to get dressed.

Camila rushed to her feet and quickly ran into the bathroom to brush her teeth. After she brushed her teeth she rushed over to her closet. She searched through her clothes until she finally found the perfect outfit. It was a simple baby blue dress that clung to Camila's curves. Camila wore a pair of blue high heels and she was trying not to trip up as she walked over to her dressing table.

Camila brushed her hair and simple left it down in messy waves. She did her usual simple makeup which consisted of concealer, lip gloss and mascara.

Once she was ready she checked the time and she had only five minutes until the taxi came. As Camila walked downstairs she started thinking about the person whom she'd be sharing the car with. What if they weren't nice or what if they were rude? What if they tried making small talk? Camila hated small talk it made her anxious.

As the time painfully dragged in, Camila's hands started shaking. She felt like she was about to have a panic attack. What if this person was a jerk or what if they called her rude names? Camila's heart was beating fast. Maybe she should have just called another company . Sharing a car now felt like the end of the world .

Camila slowed down her breathing and tried to reassure herself that it was going to be perfectly alright. Nothing drastically could go wrong. She knew she was probably getting worked up over nothing.