Chapter 8

(Edited)

That day the small girl walked Home and she wasn't feeling bad. This was a huge step from feeling terrible. The sun was setting and the sky was a beautiful creamy orange-red colour.

She walked into the house talking off her shoes at the door otherwise her mom would yell at her for trekking dirt into the house. Camila hung her coat on the stand.

"Mila is that you?" Her mom shouted from the kitchen.

"Yes Mami," Camila replied.

"Do you want dinner?" Her mom asked walking into the hall to greet her.

"Nah, sorry mami I already ate with friends," Camila replied.

"Okay," Camila's mom said with a smile and she disappeared into the kitchen.

Camila walked upstairs and took a shower, her hair was wrapped in a towel as she scrolled through social media.

There was a beeping noise signifying that Camila had a notification. Tagged. What could Camila possibly be tagged in.

She clicked on the notfication and was taken to a page. There was a picture of her; well the side of her face when she was trying to get out of Starbucks in a hurry. You could see the silhouette of Lauren but she was blurry so it was impossible to identify who it was. Next to the picture was another picture, Camila's school year book picture.

The post said "look who we seen today, it's the Lesbina Cagayo who mysteriously moved out of town. Look how ugly she is like let me go vomit. Wonder who the mystery girl is?"

Camila could feel her fist clench instinctively and her eyes were burning. She could not help the tears from coming. Everyone always said mean things too her but putting it all over social media! That was too far.

Camila felt sick all she wanted more than anything was a hug or comfort. She curled her lip, she couldn't take it anymore.

The walls seemed to be closing in and her breathing got heavy. The room was spinning a little and Camila was having problems standing up straight so she leaned against the wall for support. She had to pull herself together. Maybe she just needed air.

Camila put on her shoes and took off her towel, she climbed out of her window, there was a tree right at her window and she climbed onto it. She didn't care about the fact that her hair was soaking wet.

Once she reached the ground the small girl let out a big breath, she went a small walk. Camila realised that she really shouldn't be out at night giving what had happened but she was too caught up in the moment.

There was a big noise making Camila snap out of her day-dream, it was the roaring noise of a car engine.

'Keep it together' she said in her head over and over again but it never worked.

A white Mercedes drove round the corner and Camila seen a familiar face. . . . Lauren.

The girl was singing to music loudly and was lost completely in the music. She never noticed the brown eyed girl. Lauren looked up and seen the smaller girl and she slammed her foot on the brake and the car made a screeching noise. Lauren just missed Camila.

"CAMILA?" She said confused as she opened the car door and ran to the smaller girl.

Lauren immediately noticed the girls hair was soaking wet and splattered across her back in a tangled mess. She also noticed the tears all over the girls red face.

"Lauren." Camila stated trying to pretend that there was nothing wrong. Although she didn't know if she was trying to pretend to Lauren or herself.