Chapter 30 ~ End

Lauren slowly woke up and stretched her arms. She looked through the small crack in the curtain and a small beam of light was pouring through it. Oddly there seemed to be no birds chirping. Lauren shook her head and climbed out of bed.

She reached for her phone and she jumped back a little at the amount of missed calls and texts she had gotten. Just as Lauren was about to read the messages she got an incoming call.

"What- what has happened?" Lauren asked her voice shaking.

"You need to get over here now!" Normani yelled through the phone. Lauren hung up on the girl and immediately shoved her sneakers on.

Whilst she was half putting on her hoodie Ally appeared at the door and she opened her mouth to question but when she seen the state of Lauren, Ally ran into her room and quickly put on her shoes. "W-we need to go," Lauren mumbled.

Ally nodded and with that the girls left the hotel room and ran downstairs. As soon as they were outside Ally hailed a cab and in seconds they were on there way to the hospital. "What happened?" Ally finally got the courage to ask.

Lauren shook her head, she wanted to cry but no tears would come. Ally took the gesture and she decided not to ask further.

As soon as the cab stopped outside of the hospital Ally handed him the correct money. Ally had to jog a little to keep up with Lauren who marched into the hospital.

As soon as Lauren made it outside Camila's Ward the girls ran to her. "She had a serious brain bleeding and they carried out immediate surgery," Dinah said.

Lauren felt almost empty inside.

"She survived the surgery Laur, but she's in a very poor way." Normani wiped her eye.

"Is she going to be alright?" Lauren asked and there was a silence. Both girls avoided eye contact. "Is my baby going to survive?" Neither of the girls looked at her.

Lauren opened the doors and burst into the room. There were all sorts of tubes sticking out of the girl. "Camz?" Her throat cracked and she began to cry. "Oh Camz, oh look at you."

The three girls appeared at Lauren's back for comfort, even Cas was standing with them.

The heart monitors suddenly started beeping like crazy. Nurses poured into the room; "She has taking cardiac arrest,"

The nurses began to perform CPR on the girl and Lauren felt herself standing back. Lauren turned away and sobbed into Normani's shoulder.

"We need to get the girls out." A nurse instructed and another nurse walked over and tried to get the group to exit the ward.

"No!" Lauren yelled. "NO!" She screamed as she was restrained by two doctors and carried out of the room.

Lauren whimpered as she watched from the window to the room. She watched as they shocked Camila's heart. She watched as they shook their heads. Lauren choked on her sobs. She felt nothing and everything. She felt numb and she felt brutally emotional. She would do anything to trade places with the girl.

Lauren watched as the nurses agreed on something and she watched as one of them mumbled words.

"W-why are they stopping?" Lauren yelled. "NO YOU CANNOT STOP!" She screamed and she ran into the room.

"We are sorry Miss, Jauregui we are afraid your girlfriend has passed away."

Lauren looked at the green line going across the beeping monitor. "NO! NO! CAMILA! CAMILA THIS IS A JOKE! PLEASE CAMZ PLEASE WAKE UP. NO!"

Lauren fell backwards into the wall and she sunk to her knees sobbing on the floor. "Camz," she sobbed.

At that moment, Lauren had felt the most pain she had ever felt in her life before. She would never see that smile ever again. She would never hear Camila's melodious laugh. Lauren sobbed harder. Her Camila. Camila, was gone. She couldn't take it. Lauren couldn't believe it. She didn't want to believe it. She let out a shirt scream and banged her head against the wall. She felt like her world had just crumbled to pieces and all she had done was watch it happen. Lauren felt like she couldn't breathe. She felt like her world had just ended in those few seconds. She wanted to scream but she couldn't quite find her voice.

"Cam-ila," she stuttered.

Lauren's breathing got shallower. She had lost the only thing she cared about in life.

"CAMILA!" She screamed at the machine.

There was a beep. Lauren looked at the machine in disbelief. It had to be a technical thing right? Maybe she imagined that small beep.

But there it was again. Slowly.

Lauren watched as it beeped again, she choked back a sob. The green line on the monitor was slowly but surely beginning to move. "Camz?" She whispered. The machine beeped again.

The doctor walked in in complete shock and disbelief, "B-but this isn't possible? She was dead!"

The doctor ran over to the monitor that was increasingly picking up. "She's, she's breathing!" The doctor yelled as she checked Camila's pulse.

A flood of nurses and doctors rushed in and pushed Lauren out as they ran immediate tests. "She was gone, she was gone," Lauren mumbled to the others who were all in a horrible state of tears.

"This isn't possible." Ally shook her head.

The doctors signalled for the girls and Cas to come into the room. Lauren was the first one into the room and she almost fainted when she seen the brown eyed girl sitting up in the hospital bed. "Lolo?"

Lauren ran over to the bed, "Camz! Oh my god you were dead! You were pronounced dead!" Lauren sobbed as she hugged the girls smaller frame.

"I'm okay," Camila mumbled.

Lauren brought the girl into a much needed kiss. Camila smiled into the girls lips and Lauren pulled away slowly. "I- I, I can't believe this baby. You- you were gone. You were gone for a few minutes."

"I'm Alive Lauren. I'm alive," Camila said before bringing the girl into another hungry and passion filled kiss.

"It's going to be okay. We are going to be okay," Lauren mumbled to the other girl.

"What matters is that we are both Alive Lo, because as long as I am alive I will love you. As long as we are Alive nobody, nothing can get between us," Camila said.

Lauren melted at the younger girls words. "You're Alive Camz." Lauren whispered. She thought she had lost the girl forever and she still couldn't quite grasp the fact that Camila was Okay.

"I'm Alive," the girl said and once again she brought Lauren into another kiss.

A/N: So that was it. That was the end of I'm Alive and I hope it lived up to your expectations. I'd like to thank you if you're reading this, for staying with this book from the start to the end. There may be a sequel it depends on inspiration and if I have time due to upcoming exams. Anyways, if you would be interested in a sequel then let me know in the comments. I still can't believe this is the end of this book. If I decide not to do a sequel then I shall post an epilogue anyways, thank you all for reading and sticking to the end of this book and I hope you all enjoy your day. Yours, ~swanqueenislife~