Chapter 22

(Edited)

Lauren could hear the beeping of machines. She tried to open her eyes but she couldn't. Not physically. It was as if she was there but she wasn't. She could hear the sound of Ally, Normani and Dinah talking to her but it was all jumbled so she couldn't make out what they were saying.

Lauren instantly noticed that there was one voice missing. Camila.

Did Camila not care anymore about Lauren? That she wouldn't be there for her? Did something happen to Camila? Was Camila okay? Did she hate Lauren?

Lauren wanted desperately to get up and find out for herself. But she seemed to be stuck in her own mind frame. She couldn't wake up. She tried and tried. But she couldn't wake up. Was she dying. She didn't know. Maybe it wasn't time for her to wake yet. She remembered the doctors putting her under an anaesthetic. Maybe it hadn't wore off yet.

She hated feeling trapped and unable to communicate with anybody.

She wondered if Camila cared about her at all. Why else wouldn't she be there. It didn't make any sense.

Lauren tired helplessly to wake up but she couldn't seem to do it. She wanted to call out for Camila but she couldn't speak either. She just wanted everything to be okay. But by the sound of her three friends crying, she knew that it wasn't.

She couldn't die on them. She had to pull through. But she didn't know how to wake up

******************************************

Camila woke up with a splitting headache. She felt like her head was on fire. She couldn't think straight.

Her vision finally went back to normal and she noticed that she was lying on a sofa.

She groaned and sat up. The room was dark and there was a small gap in the curtains at the window where daylight was pouring in and giving the place a little sense of light.

"Good morning." A ruff voice said.

Camila's head snapped round to see who it was. Her shoulders relaxed when she realised that it was just Ian

He sat two mugs of coffee on the small table, and then looked up to Camila.

He handed her two pills,

"For your headache," He uttered.

Camila nodded and swallowed the pills with ease.

"I'm sorry," Camila grimaced

Ian sighed loudly and shook his head.

"I didn't know any other way to forget her. I really tried. I did," Camila explained.

"It's okay Camila. I understand," Ian replied, a hint of sympathy glistening through his eyes.

"Anyways, I'm going out with friends and you need to come with me because of-"

"I know, because of Alejandro's orders," Camila interrupted.

"Go upstairs and get dressed," Ian said.

"Where even are we?" Camila asked.

"Our new home, everything's already been decorated," Ian replied.