Chapter 6

(Edited)

Camila woke up and yawned slowly as she checked the time on her phone. It was noon and she had only six hours of sleep. Camila groaned as she caught her reflection in the mirror and seen her badly bruised eye.

Slowly getting up Camila put on a fresh pair of denim jeans a blue shirt and a yellow Nike hoodie. She put on her yellow Nike shoes and styled her hair so that it was to the side and her hair completely covered her right eye. Camila was praying that her hair wouldn't move back and her mom would see her eye.

Camila walked out of her room and downstairs,

"Camila? I never heard you come in," Her mom greeted her.

"Oh yeah, I came back at around seven and fell asleep," Camila said trying to be subtle.

"Oh. . . you should have some breakfast," her mom said.

"No, it's fine I'll grab some food when I'm out with Ally," Camila said. It was another lie but not as bad as her mom not telling her that her dad tried to contact them. Or that the fact he was in prison.

"Are you okay? Camila you're acting strange," Camila's mom asked suspiciously .

"M-fine mom" Camila said and before her mom could answer Camila was already outside, the front door slamming as she left .

Camila wasn't entirely sure where she was going; all she knew was it was definitely away from her liar of a mother, disgrace of a father and so called sympathy friends.

Camila walked until she found a little park with a forest, Camila being curious decided to venture into the forest to take her mind off of things.

She followed the muddy path, the trees looked as pretty as a children's story book. The leaves were on the ground and every now and then another leaf fell from the tree. The path spiralled up a small hill where a bench was sitting. Camila huffed and sat on the bench. Camila never realised that it was pretty chilly outside. She had been too caught up in her life that she had forgotten the month. It was the middle of October and there was frost growing on the fallen leaves of the forest floor.

Camila shivered as she watched the orange leaves fall from the trees. Lost in thought Camila never realised a figure was waking up the path.

Sensing the presence of something instinctively Camila looked up to see the green eyed girl.

Camila stood up about to leave but she was interrupted.

"Camila please. Just hear me out," the green eyed girl said, you could see the fog of her breath in the cold air .

"Fine," Camila stammered but as she did, her hair moved out of place and she realised exactly what she had done. Lauren seen her black eye.

"Camila!" Lauren gasped in shock

"What happened? Oh my god!" Lauren said full of concern.

"Nothing laur it's nothing. I just walked into a lamppost I'm a klutz," Camila lied.

"Really Camz? And did this lamppost have fists and perhaps brass knuckles?" Lauren hissed sarcastically.

"Ok fine, when I went into the underpass a bunch of people tried to hurt me. I don't know I think it was like a gang or something. But I got away I'm fine, please don't tell anybody," Camila said, which was partially the truth.

"Oh my god! I feel like it's my fault, It was my fault you left if I wasn't so mean - maybe this wouldn't have happened," Lauren said feeling a wave of guilt.

"Oh my god Lauren, It wasn't your fault it was mines!" Camila said quickly. She never needed lauren to feel guilty. Lauren did hurt Camila but it was Camila who chose to run away.

"I'm sorry," Lauren offered an apology.

"I-I'm sorry too," Camila whispered.

Lauren threw her arms around the smaller girl, Lauren never wanted to loose the smaller girl because something about Camila's presence made her feel better.

Camila hugged the green eyed girl with all she had because Camila had not hugged anybody in so many years and right now she needed it more than anything because she had nobody anymore. Camila took in every little detail of the girl as they hugged, Lauren's scent was like coconut and strawberries she just. . . she smelled like home she smelled like Lauren. Camila needed somebody because everyone she trusted turned out to be liars. Camila never wanted to loose lauren because Lauren made Camila feel like the old Camila. But Camila had to make sure that the past wouldn't repeat, Camila couldn't get to attached. Not again.

"Friends?" Lauren mumbled,

"Friends" Camila said pulling away,

Camila shivered a little .

"You must be freezing let's go get a hot chocolate," lauren smiled.

Camila nodded and the girls started waking down the hill. Camila hadn't made a friend in so long and it felt nice to go out and do normal things . But her stomach was in knots and something didn't feel quite right.

******************************************

Lauren and Camila walked into Starbucks, Lauren went up to the counter and ordered two hot chocolates and two muffins.

She sat down in a booth across from Camila and sat the food down.

"I- uh I put sugar in the hot chocolate is that okay ?" Lauren stuttered, wait why was she suddenly nervous around the smaller girl.

"Yeah it's cool," Camila replied.

Lauren's phone buzzed and she had a message from Ally.

Ally: Laur where you at? The girls are all at mines ;)

Lauren: in Starbucks with Camz.

Ally: Camz?

Lauren ignored Ally's last text and took a sip out of her roasting hot chocolate. Camila looked up at Lauren nervously and Lauren was wondering what on earth was going through the girl's mind. Ally had told the girls about Camila's mental illness' and Lauren was making sure that she was careful not to stand on the smaller girls toes putting her in situations that she never wanted to be in .

"Your little sister Sophie is so cute.... she looks a lot like you," lauren said trying to make small talk.

"Yeah" Camila replied.

Camila seemed really awkward and Lauren guessed that Camila never wanted to talk about her sibling.

"I have two siblings there's Taylor and she's thirteen and then there's Chris and he is fifteen," Lauren said.

"Awe that's nice!" Camila replied.

Lauren let out a sigh because something seemed to be bothering the smaller girl.

A group of teens walked into the shop, there were a few teachers with them which was obvious by the cards tied around their necks so Lauren guessed that it was a school trip or something.

As soon as the teachers walked in they were handed warm drinks and then they walked outside to sit out, probably to get away from the students and give them space.

"Oi! It's Cabello!" one of the teenagers shouted.

"Camila!!" Another shouted.

Camila turned chalk white and she put her head down, lauren was wondering what on earth was going on but one thing for sure was that Camila knew those people and they knew her . And for Camila by the looks of it, that wasn't a good thing.

******************************************

When Camila heard her name being called she froze..... the people from her past.

Camila had to get herself and Lauren out of there and fast; Before Lauren started to put the jigsaw pieces together. Before those people revealed something about Camila that Camila wasn't prepared for Lauren to know about. . . .