Chapter 26

(Edited)

Lauren woke up with a banging headache, she groaned and sat up in bed. After she had a melt down in the bathroom she had made her way to one of the guest rooms. It was now morning and the light shining in through the window was making her headache worse. She squinted her eyes at the light.

She was cancer free, she should be happy and grateful and she should enjoy every moment. But she couldn't help but have this ache for the person that was no longer there. Camila was gone. Lauren's stomach seemed to twist into knots just at the thought of the brown eyed girls name.

She knew she ought to move on she had to try and forget about Camila. But it was more difficult than Lauren expected.

You've got this. She told herself and she slowly got out of bed. Her headache seemed to be getting worse but that was just a side affect to her surgery so it wasn't worrying it was expected. Lauren walked out of the room and faced the hallway which was painted blue. Blue, Camila, Lauren thought and then she regretted it and scolded herself. She hadn't even lasted two seconds.

"How are you holding up chancho?" Dinah asked as she walked out of the bathroom.

"I'm okay ...I guess." Lauren said cautiously and the younger girl nodded.

"It'll take time Lauren but your heart will heal just like your brain has. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow. Maybe not even this month but trust me it will get better and you probably won't even remember her name," Dinah said trying to reassure her friend.

"Thanks." Lauren said faking a quick smile.

Lauren walked past Dinah and made her way downstairs. She knew that eventually things would get better. They had too. But she knew that she would never ever forget Camila's because she was her Camz.

The first person you fall in love with isn't always necessarily your last but one thing for sure was that you always compared everyone to your first love and Lauren felt like there was nobody else out there for her, apart from Camila.

Lauren stopped halfway downstairs because her stomach rumbled. She had not realised that she was hungry until now. She walked into the kitchen and started to prepare a quick breakfast which was pop tarts.

Once the pop tarts were made Lauren took them into the living room. She almost spat out the pop tarts at the adorable sight of Ally cuddling into Dinah. The both of them were intrigued in the show they were watching, which of course was an episode of friends.

Lauren smirked at the two girls and sat down on the sofa. The sight made her heart wrench with envy and long for ca- Lauren abruptly stopped the thought. Don't say her name. She thought to herself. Lauren sighed and started to slowly eat her pop tarts.

"Are you guys up for a picnic today?" Ally asked, smiling at her friends.

"Yeah sure," Lauren mumbled and Normani and Dinah also agreed to the plan.

"Well then it's sorted then!" Ally smiled excitedly and she hopped off into the kitchen to prepare a picnic.

Lauren shook her head, Ally was always like a mom to her. And maybe a picnic would he a good idea to keep her mind off of things. Well, Lauren was now cancer free she should live her life little.

It only took around thirty minutes for Ally to prepare a picnic for the girls and she walked into the living room struggling to carry a picnic basket that was almost bigger than her.

"Well don't just sit there y'all get your shoes on!" Ally exclaimed as she sat the picnic basket down on the floor to give her arms a rest.