Chapter 12

(Edited)

Beep ...beep ...beep ...beep

Camila's eyes shot open and she was looking at a white ceiling. There was a faint beeping noise and she looked to see a heart monitor. Camila grew really confused until she looked to see she was in a hospital.

Camila had IV drip connected to her hand by a needle, which was pumping sugar into her body. She had two bandages wrapped around both of her arms and she felt really tired. Camila sat up in the hospital bed and there were three people in the room. Ian had fallen asleep and her Mom and Sophie were sitting in deep conversation.

"MILA!" Camila's mom exclaimed and her shouting had woken Ian.

Sophie launched herself at Camila and hugged her tightly.

"I love you Kaki!" Sophie whispered

"I love you too," Camila said as Sophie sat on the edge of the bed.

"Honey are you okay?" Camila's mom asked and Camila nodded.

"Camila you should have asked if you could stay over at Ian's instead of lying," her mom said and Camila looked down.

"I'm sorry mom," Camila said and her mom hugged her. Her mom was crying softly. Camila couldn't help but to think back to the fact that her mom lied to her. But it could of been for Camila's protection.

"Visiting hours are over." A nurse came in and ushered the three out. Sophie hugged Camila tightly one last time.

"Hang in there mila I love you," Sophie mumbled before walking out of the room to join their mom and Ian.

Camila lay back down in bed and closed her eyes falling into a dark abyss.

******************************************

"Camz," a hushed voice said

"Camz!"

"Ouch," Camila said as she felt somebody shake her. Camila opened her eyes and it was dark but she found a pair of green eyes staring at her.

"LOLO!" Camila exclaimed, her heart racing as she watched the Silhouette of Lauren who was sitting next to Camila on the bed.

"Shhhh I snuck in here ...I'm not allowed" Lauren whispered in the dark.

"I thought you hated me," Camila said.

"I don't ...actually it's pretty much the opposite," Lauren said and she hugged the smaller fragile girl. The girl had lost a fair bit of weight and Lauren felt like she was going to break Camila.

"I can't believe you done this ...was this because of me?" Lauren whispered tearing up

"No." Camila said immediately.

"Then why?" Lauren asked, her eyes were watering.

"If I explain you cannot tell anybody ...do you promise?" Camila whispered.

"I promise," Lauren replied.

Almost an hour had past and Camila finally finished explaining to Lauren about her dad and the whole gang mess she was in.

"Oh my god! You should have told me!" Lauren said as she embraced the smaller girl into another hug.

"Camila I'm not going to leave your side I'll be with you the whole time. I don't care if I'm risking my life to stay your friend. I'm doing it for you." Lauren smiled.