Chapter 28

(Edited)

"Ms Jauregui ...Ms Jauregui." The voice of the nurse repeated like an echo.

"Miss, are you alright?" The nurse proceeded.

Lauren just simply shook her head. Nothing was alright. What did that even mean? She looked down at her lap. She had gained and lost everything in the space of two minutes.

"Miss you are very lucky to be alive." The nurse nodded as she wrote down some notes on her clipboard.

The nurse was a small chubby woman who was around early forties. She has big blue eyes and wispy dark blonde hair that had tinges of grey with age. The woman had slight wrinkles at her eyes and mouth and she had a faint dusting of freckles around her nose. The nurses name tag read Nurse Winters.

"I don't feel very lucky." Lauren croaked.

She was afraid that she would start crying again. Lauren's neck had been bruised badly in the accident so it hurt to talk. She had a slightly black left eye, a cut lip, a fractured wrist and a badly sprained ankle. She also had a slight rib damage but it wasn't enough damage to he called a fracture or a break. Lauren had been given medicine to numb her pain. But her mental pain. Was a lot worse than her physical.

"You will make a full recovery, but you have to rest. Is there anybody I can contact for you?" Nurse Winterson asked.

"A-Ally and I-Ian." Lauren stuttered and held her bruised throat. It stung.

Lauren slowly reached into her bag with her good arm and retrieved her phone. Miraculously her phone had survived the crash with only a small crack. Lauren slowly handed her phone to the nurse and the nurse took it from her.

"Do you need anything Miss Jauregui?" Nurse Winterson asked.

"Camila." Lauren croaked.

"I'll fetch somebody to take you to see your girlfriend." Nurse Winterson nodded

"Oh she's not- we're not dating." Lauren shook her head. As much as she would have liked to call herself Camila's girlfriend. Camila was technically married.

"Why ever not?" The nurse raised her eyebrow. "You two should be." She smiled.

Lauren awkwardly nodded and the nurse walked away with her phone.

It only took a few minutes for another nurse to walk over with a wheel chair. This nurse was around late twenties and he was average height. He had warm Hazel eyes and soft ginger hair. His face and arms were covered in freckles and he gave Lauren a smile showing his cheek dimples.

"Ah, miss Jauregui I'm Nurse Matthews, but you can call me Jayden. I'm here to take you to see your girlfriend Camila, I believe?" The man said with a warm enthusiastic tone.

Lauren was about to tell him that Camila wasn't her girlfriend but she didn't really have the energy. She just nodded.

Lauren slowly struggled to stand up, Jayden was at her side and he helped her to stand up. He then slowly lifted her into the wheel chair. Lauren could walk, but it hurt her ankle. So a wheel chair was quicker for her.

The nurse wheeled her down the corridor and Lauren watched as many nurses and doctors walked to and from different wards carrying either notes or medicines.

Lauren remembered as she had grabbed Camila's hand when the car tumbled. She remembered using all of her strength to hold onto the smaller girl. And then she remembered when the car tipped upside down. When Camila let go of her hand, or maybe Lauren let go of Camila. Either way when Camila was falling it seemed like slow motion. And Lauren remembered the scream of fright. The scream of help. And she had watched helplessly as Camila's body was thrown around until it eventually went limp. She remembered as a little blood turned into a lot of blood.