|| I N T R O ||

For all intents and purposes, this book is a place to keep a compilation of pretty damn awesome quotes and such that anyone can look back on later or find inspiring, etc., including me. It's something I've been wanting to do since a year ago, so why not?

I don't own anything unless stated - just adding that for those who skipped the description. Any Poetry/thoughts I write will have a '•••' symbol next to the title name anyway.

These are in order (sort of), I'll be posting Authors after this, but I wanted to start off with one of my absolute favorites. This film has so many great quotes, and how can we forget the amazing John Keating?

Enjoy, and thanks for taking the time to read this!

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Dead Poets Society

:::John Keating:::

Now we all have a great need for acceptance, but you must trust that your beliefs are unique, your own, even though others may think them odd or unpopular, even though the herd may go, "that's baaaaad." Robert Frost said, "Two roads diverged in the wood and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."

🔻

When you read, don't just consider what the author thinks, consider what you think.

🔻

They're not that different from you, are they? Same haircuts. Full of hormones, just like you. Invincible, just like you feel. The world is their oyster. They believe they're destined for great things, just like many of you, their eyes are full of hope, just like you. Did they wait until it was too late to make from their lives even one iota of what they were capable? Because, you see gentlemen, these boys are now fertilizing daffodils. But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary.

🔻

No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.

🔻

Boys, you must strive to find your own voice. Because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all. Thoreau said, "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation." Don't be resigned to that. Break out!