||Ralph Waldo Emerson||

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."

🔻

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."

🔻

"Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood."

🔻

"A chief event of life is the day in which we have encountered a mind that startled us."

🔻

"When Nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it."

🔻

"The reward of a thing well done, is to have done it."

🔻

"Hitch your wagon to a star."

🔻

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."

🔻

"The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him with his friendship."

🔻

"There is properly no history; only biography."