||Mark Twain||

A/N: This is the end of the author section, and two reasons why Shakespeare is not here:

1. He tends to overshadow a lot of people.

2. He is a Playwright. Just saying.

Don't get me wrong, he is one of the greats, and by far in my top ten, but I just think there are other equally great, despite different eras, authors who can actually be called an 'author'.

Anyway, this is the second longest entry to Poe, and next up is a Poem by moi.

🔹🔹🔹🔹

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

(Lmao, Mark just didn't care. :p)

🔻

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."

🔻

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

🔻

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."

🔻

"Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today."

🔻

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."

🔻

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up."

🔻

"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?"

🔻

"A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval."

🔻

"Optimist: day dreamer more elegantly spelled."

🔻

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

🔻

"My books are like water; those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water."

🔻

"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way."

(I don't know why I laughed so hard at this...😏)

🔻

"The human race is a race of cowards; and I am not only marching in that procession but carrying a banner."

🔻

"It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them."

🔻

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

🔻

"The finest clothing made is a person's own skin, but, of course, society demands something more than this."

🔻

"The most interesting information comes from children, for they tell all they know and then stop."

🔻

"If the world comes to an end, I want to be in Cincinnati. Everything comes there ten years later."