|| Jared Leto ||

"Teens are always shown as one dimensional. They're stereotyped. When I was in high school, I cared about more than getting a date or making the team."

(True. I was reading an article the other day that blatantly stated 'teens like/love picking battles, just let it go, etc.'
I understand they were trying to make a point, and your child shouldn't disrespect you under your roof. But because there's bad apples, then the entire bunch must be the same...?)

🎩

"I don't know, when I was a kid, when I would see shows that changed my life, I would go to see shows where there was my mother taking us to see classic rock concerts, like Zeppelin, or when I saw Pink Floyd or when I saw, you know, when I was a little older, and I saw Nine Inch Nails, and I saw The Cure."

🎩

"Music is subjective to everyone's unique experience."

🎩

"I kinda have the opposite of ADD. I have a hyper-focused disorder, where if there's a given task in front of me I really concentrate on that."

🎩

"I take computers practically apart and put them back together. I have a supercomputer I built over the years out of different computers."

🎩

"I was raised around a lot of artists, musicians, photographers, painters and people that were in theater. Just having the art-communal hippie experience as a child, there wasn't a clear line that was drawn. We celebrated creative experience and creative expression. We didn't try and curtail it and stunt any of that kind of growth."

🎩

"It's not like I'm hanging out at shopping malls or going to celebrity golf tournaments. I'm so in my own little world. I got my dog, my music, my brother, a couple of friends."

🎩

"Be brave, follow dreams, say fuck you to everybody and fight for what you believe in."

🎩

"Dreams are the result of a million choices, a billion failures, and a few successes."

🎩

"Some people believe in God. I believe in music. Some people pray. I turn up the radio."

🎩

"I’m not insane, I’m voluntarily indifferent to conventional rationality."

🎩

"Approval isn’t necessary. It’s nice when you get it, but it’s not going to stop us from being who we are. I mean, if I’d have listened to approval, I’d never have made it one day onstage. But to be criticized, if there’s validity, as upset as you are, you can learn from it."

🎩

"Learn to laugh at your problems, cause everybody else does."

🎩

"I tried to be someone else, but nothing seemed to change. I know now, this is who I really am inside. I've finally found myself, fighting for a chance.
I know now, this is who I really am."

🎩

"I tend to just go for it, and not worry about what people think, and just really try to have fun with things."

🎩

"Don't ever ask for permission to follow your dreams. Follow them no matter fucking what. It's important. We have one life here and you are the author of your story, more than anybody else. You are much more responsible for your dreams coming true or not than anyone else in your life you have contacted with. So, dream big, work hard, and make it happen no matter what."

🎩

"Don't regret anything you do, because in the end it makes you who you are."

🎩

"When you're at the point you feel you have nothing to live or thrive for, be like a camera, use your negatives to develop."

🎩

"I always believe that the bridge between reality and a dream is work."