Freddie Mercury ~ My soul has painted like the wings of butterflies.

"Years ago, I thought up the name Queen...It's just a name, but it's very regal obviously, and it sounds splendid...It's a strong name, very universal and immediate. It had a lot of visual potential and was open to all sorts of interpretations. I was certainly aware of the gay connotations, but that was just one facet of it."

I have fun with my clothes onstage; it's not a concert you're seeing, it's a fashion show.

I'm very emotional; I think I may go mad in several years' time.

Money may not buy happiness, but it can damn well give it!

"A lot of my songs are fantasy. I can dream up all kinds of things. That's the kind of world I live in. It's very sort of flamboyant, and that's the kind of way I write. I love it."

"In terms of love, you're not in control and I hate that feeling. I seem to write a lot of sad songs because I'm a very tragic person. But there's always an element of humour at the end."

"You know, I designed the Queen crest. I simply combined all the creatures that represent our star signs-and I don't even believe in astrology."

"A concert is not a live rendition of our album. It's a theatrical event."

"Back in the old days, we were often compared to Led Zeppelin. If we did something with harmony, it was the Beach Boys. Something heavy was Led Zeppelin."

(Sorry, author here... but how in the Underworld do you compare these three just because they're in harmony or conveying heaviness? That's like me comparing Destiny's Child to the Beatles. Queen didn't even need instruments, they could've slayed with cardboard boxes but that's my opinion. Smh...)

"One night Roger was in a foul mood and he threw his entire bloody drumset across the stage. The thing only just missed me - I might have been killed."

(Over here trying to imagine Roger hurling his entire set across the stage... xD)

"I want to lead the Victorian life, surrounded by exquisite clutter."

"We're a very expensive group; we break a lot of rules. It's unheard of to combine opera with a rock theme."