||Stephen King||

“I have spent a good many years since―too many, I think―being ashamed about what I write. I think I was forty before I realized that almost every writer of fiction or poetry who has ever published a line has been accused by someone of wasting his or her God-given talent. If you write (or paint or dance or sculpt or sing, I suppose), someone will try to make you feel lousy about it, that’s all.”

🔻

“Fiction is the truth inside the lie.”

(A/N: I believe what he meant is, that what we often read about in fiction has more truth behind it than anything we read about in the newspaper or on social media.)

🔻

“The most important things are the hardest things to say. They are the things you get ashamed of because words diminish your feelings — words shrink things that seem timeless when they are in your head to no more than living size when they are brought out.”

🔻

“Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”

🔻

“Life isn’t a support system for art. It’s the other way around.”

🔻

“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.”

🔻

“A lot of us grow up and we grow out of the literal interpretation that we get when we’re children, but we bear the scars all our life. Whether they’re scars of beauty or scars of ugliness, it’s pretty much in the eye of the beholder.”

🔻

“We make up horrors to help us deal with the real ones.”