||Christopher Pike||

"Relationships are mysterious. We doubt the positive qualities in others, seldom the negative. You will say to your partner: do you really love me? Are you sure you love me? You will ask this a dozen times and drive the person nuts. But you never ask: are you really mad at me? Are you sure you're angry? When someone is angry, you don't doubt it for a moment. Yet the reverse should be true. We should doubt the negative in life, and have faith in the positive."

🔻

"Before I begin, may I ask how old you are?"
"You may ask."
"How old are you?"
"It's none of your business."

(The Last Vampire #1)

🔻

"Krishna was once asked what was the most miraculous thing in all creation, and he replied, "That a man should wake each morning and believe deep in his heart that he will live forever, even though he knows that he is doomed."

(The Last Vampire #4)

🔻

"There is a difference between a question and a wonder. I would prefer to answer only questions that will be useful to you. A child looks up at the starry sky at night and wonders. He is filled with the joy of the mystery of creation. Why should I explain everything to you and take away that joy? I will not. The purpose of my words is to create silence, to create joy. I am not here to stuff your head full of knowledge. A child starts out innocent. You ask him something and he says, "I don't know." Then that child grows up and thinks he knows everything. I'll teach you something, both of you. I'll teach you to say, "I don't know," and be glad. That is true knowledge."

(Sati)

🔻

" A true teacher would never tell you what to do. But he would give you the knowledge with which you could decide what would be best for you to do."

(Sati)

🔻

" No religion is perfect, not after man gets through with it."

(The Last Vampire #3)

🔻

"One question always leads to another question. Some things are better to wonder about."

(The Last Vampire #2)

🔻

" Don't simply knock and wait for the door to be opened. Go look for the keys. Some fit the lock better than others."

(Sati)