|| David Bowie ||

“I don’t know where I’m going from here but I promise it won’t be boring."

🎩

"I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human. I felt very puny as a human. I thought, “F**k that. I want to be a superhuman."

(Amen.)

🎩

“I suppose for me as an artist it wasn’t always just about expressing my work; I really wanted, more than anything else, to contribute in some way to the culture I was living in.”

🎩

"What I do is I write mainly about very personal and rather lonely feelings, and I explore them in a different way each time. You know, what I do is not terribly intellectual. I'm a pop singer for Christ's sake. As a person, I'm fairly uncomplicated."

🎩

"I don't know how many times someone has come up to me and said, 'Hey, Lets dance!'. I hate dancing. God, it's stupid."

(😂😂)

🎩

“Make the best of every moment. We’re not evolving. We’re not going anywhere.”

🎩

"I had to resign myself, many years ago, that I'm not too articulate when it comes to explaining how I feel about things. But my music does it for me, it really does."

🎩

"Confront a corpse at least once. The absolute absence of life is the most disturbing and challenging confrontation you will ever have."

🎩

"I don't see any boundaries between any of the art forms. I think they all inter-relate completely."

🎩

"On the other hand, what I like my music to do to me is awaken the ghosts inside of me. Not the demons, you understand, but the ghosts."

🎩

"Funk, I don't think I have anything to do with funk. I've never considered myself funky."

🎩

"I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman."

🎩

"I find only freedom in the realms of eccentricity."

🎩

"The truth is of course is that there is no journey. We are arriving and departing all at the same time."

🎩

"I don't like to read things that people write about me. I'd rather read what kids have to say about me because it's not their profession to do that."