|| Bette Davis ||

"I'd luv to kiss ya, but I just washed my hair."

💚

"There are new words now that excuse everybody. Give me the good old days of heroes and villains, the people you can bravo or hiss. There was a truth to them that all the slick credulity of today cannot touch."

💚

"I am just too much."

💚

"This has always been a motto of mine: Attempt the impossible in order to improve your work."

💚

"I'd marry again if I found a man who had fifteen million dollars, would sign over half to me, and guarantee that he'd be dead within a year."

(Lmao...dang.)

💚

"The only reason anyone goes to Broadway is because they can't get work in the movies."

(I wasn't gonna say it but...)

💚

"Hollywood always wanted me to be pretty, but I fought for realism."

💚

"It's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for someone you're not. It's a sign of your worth sometimes, if you're hated by the right people."

💚

"Some young Hollywood starlets remind me of my grandmother's old farmhouse -- all painted up nice on the front side, a big swing on the backside, and nothing whatsoever in the attic."

💚

"If everyone likes you, you're not doing it right."

💚

"You will never be happier than you expect. To change your happiness, change your expectation."

💚

"I want to die with my high heels on, still in action."

💚

"My passions were all gathered together like fingers that made a fist. Drive is considered aggression today; I knew it then as purpose."

💚

"It's true we don't know what we've got until its gone, but we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives. Pleasure of love lasts but a moment, Pain of love lasts a lifetime."

💚

"You should know me well enough by now to know I don't ask for things I don't think I can get."

(Amen, sister. -_-)

💚

"I was thought to be 'stuck up.' I wasn't. I was just sure of myself. This is and always has been an unforgivable quality to the unsure."

(Relatable. Except switch 'confidence' with quietness.)

💚

"Good actors I've worked with all started out making faces in a mirror, and you keep making faces all your life."

💚

"They say that in Hollywood one can't be honest, but I think honesty counts in Hollywood just as much as it does anywhere else. I think it's just too much trouble to be dishonest and keep up with yourself."