||Edgar Allen Poe||

A/N: This chapter will probably have the most, considering he's my favorite out of all the authors.

🔹🔹🔹🔹

"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality."

🔻

“I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

(Literally, my favorite quote of all time. 👏)

🔻

“Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."

🔻

“I have great faith in fools - self-confidence my friends will call it."

🔻

“There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion."

🔻

“Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear."

🔻

“ From childhood's hour I have not been. As others were, I have not seen. As others saw, I could not awaken. My heart to joy at the same tone. And all I loved, I loved alone."

🔻

“Sleep, those little slices of death — how I loathe them."

🔻

“Years of love have been forgot, In the hatred of a minute."

🔻

“Never to suffer would never to have been blessed."

🔻

“ I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat."

🔻

“I felt that I breathed an atmosphere of sorrow."

(That's some deep Poe-ism right thur...😏)

🔻

“I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago."

🔻

“Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence."

🔻

“ The true genius shudders at incompleteness — imperfection — and usually prefers silence to saying the something which is not everything that should be said."