|| Chester Bennington ||

We miss you, Chester.

"If my armor breaks, I’ll fuse it back together."

🎤

"I like things that are loud and beautiful and feel like there’s a sense of accomplishment."

🎤

"I can’t fall back, I came too far/Hold myself up, and love my scars."

🎤

"I have been able to tap into all the negative things that can happen to me throughout my life by numbing myself to the pain so to speak and kind of being able to vent it through my music."

🎤

"The hardest part of ending is starting again."

🎤

"You're constantly trying to prove yourself, even after you've made it."

🎤

"I always wanted to be a rock star. That was my childhood dream. That's what I told everybody I was going to be when I grew up."

🎤

"When I'm writing, I'm constantly thinking about myself, because it's the only experience I have to draw on. And I don't see an exact reflection of myself in every face in the audience, but I know that my songs have validity to them, and that's why the fans are there."

🎤

"We'd like to think that our music will always be bigger than any one of our individual personalities."

🎤

"Once we start hitting lyrical themes that can whack you from all these different perspectives, we know we're onto something special."

🎤

"We're not a political band, we're a socially-minded band."

🎤

"If fans come up to me, I talk to them."

🎤

"Out is the best. Holding shit in? That’s really what ‘Heavy’ is about. Like, ‘What the f*** is going on with me? What am I doing to myself? What am I allowing others to cause inside of me to keep me stuck?’ That moment that you can separate yourself from the action or behavior or circumstance and look at it and see it for what it is, you’ve made that first step in separating yourself from that and getting out of that."

I added a vid for this because I really commend Jared for taking the time to do a tribute that didn't sound fake/bored. Yep, there I go again. Kudos.

(Note: if anything is wrong with the vid, let me know, yeah? Thanks as always for reading, voting, and commenting. I love you guys! <3)