|| Dua Lipa ||

🌟⚡e t h e r e a l    q u e e n. ⚡🌟

"I'm learning to accept myself. I'm still in the process of learning to love who I am. And it's been really refreshing and really nice to be able to do that and be okay. I think my fans have brought that out in me."

💚

"Success, to me, is just doing things that I'm really proud of."

💚

"Everything that I do is very autobiographical. I'm trying to be as much of an open book as possible and give the audience every single piece of me."

💚

"For me, my aim is to just be as good as possible. If people do look up to me, I have to set the best example I can."

💚

"I'm heavily influenced by the Nineties - I love juxtaposing a slip dress with trainers and a vintage leather jacket."

💚

"I can't dance. If I try, I'll trip onstage."

(Relatable.)

💚

"I'm so obsessed with Cardi B. I do nothing but sit and watch her Instagram videos."

💚

"The first album I was given when I was quite young was the 'Whoa, Nelly!' album by Nelly Furtado. After, I also got the 'Missundaztood' album by Pink. That's when I was like, 'Oh my God, I want to be just like them!'"

(Sounds like me, lol)

💚

"It's challenging to open for someone: You've got to prep the audience, get them in the mood, and get their attention if they don't know you. You're going to show them what songs you've got. You've got to leave your mark."

💚

"Social media can sometimes influence the charts, but I think that only great music makes it to the top. The good songs make it."

💚

"I dated this guy who literally would never eat a single vegetable. I was like, 'This is terrible. You eat like a five-year-old.'"

💚

"I've always been very much in control of my music and my image, and I think one of the things I've been lucky about is I didn't bring a label on board until I really figured out who I was."

💚

"Every time you achieve something, you want to go after what's next. I'd like to see my own shows grow and someday be a headliner, fill up stadiums."

💚

"For a male artist, people instantly assume they write their own music, but for women, they assume it's all manufactured."

💚

"I like how powerful fashion makes me feel. I live for that grungy-prissy juxtaposition that Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, and Drew Barrymore wore in the '90s."

💚

"My goal is to get my music out to as many people as possible. That a song of mine is being played on the radio so far away from home really, really pushes me. It's everything I've dreamed of."

💚

"I get a bit insecure if I feel like there's too much makeup on my face or if I feel like I'm cakey."

💚

"I still take a lot of pride in being able to write my own songs. My story's coming from me."

💚

"I never really wanted to base success on charts and chart positioning. For me, it's really about the shows and seeing them grow."

💚

"I think the artists are really the face of the music they make. It's no longer the genre that dictates it."

💚

"For a female artist, it takes a lot more to be taken seriously if you're not sat down at a piano or with a guitar, you know?"

💚

"I always wanted the flowiness that hip-hop artists had. I always admired how they rapped so fast, but I never wanted to rap; I wanted to sing the rap."

💚

"When I think of artists I love, like J. Cole, it's the storytelling that grabs me. I want to be honest with my music."