Ch. 7 "Look at the stars..."

Now it was sunday, the sunny morning that was mentioned earlier in the story. That beautiful sunday morning with the sun shining and the birds chirping and a boy sitting at his bedroom floor. With his eyes focused and his hands working, he was making a flower crown. He was making the most important flower crown he had ever made.

On saturday, a day after his sister gave him the 'gift idea', he went to explore at the mall.

In the moment he walked between the automatic glass doors he immediately felt the cold air hit his face and his senses were overload in every way; food, people talking loudly, all the colorful sings attacked him nonstop, but it didn't bother him at all, it kinda felt refreshing. He moved his big feet across the polished floors, traveling a well known path. At the corner of the mall, just between a used bookstore and a craft store, there was this little flower shop he liked so much.

The walls of the flower shop were green with little leafs and pink flowers designs on them, there always was a sweet essence lingering in the air; the parallel walls, covered in shelves that held colorful gifts from the nature inside of crystal vases, leaded straight to a beautiful and old-looking wooden desk .

When Harry was in front of the little door he pushed it open and the ring from a bell filled the room making the sound of the people talking overshadowed for an instant. He walked in with a smile on his lips as he smelled the familiar essence of his beloved flowers, he felt home.

Anna, the owner, was an elder lady with a gentle smile and bright green eyes. When she heard the bell she looked up from her desk and smiled widely at Harry as she fixed her white hair behind her ear.

"Harry, my boy. It's been a long time" she said and got up her chair to walk towards the curly boy before hugging him tightly by the waist, she was way shorter than Harry because, well, Harry is a really tall boy.

"Hello!" said Harry enthusiastically as he hugged her back tightly.

They pulled back and then Harry explained her what he was looking for, the woman didn't make so many questions so they kept it simple "Is for someone very important to me", he said and the lady just smiled fondly at the boy.

Loving Harry as she loved him, she offered herself to help him with his problem and took him to the back of the store, where they kept the flowers that weren't in exhibition.

She showed him all the variety they had in artificial flowers and let him pick whichever he wanted from the bunch, at the end Harry left with a bag full of flowers, a kissed cheek, a head full of advices and with a promise to come back and tell her how the things had gone.

After walking out of the flower store he went directly to the craft store and bought a bunch of necessary stuff for his 'little project'; some hot glue, wire and a special kind of tape that looked a little dry and rough but in reality was soft at the touch and the perfect shade of green.

Harry walked out smiling brightly and with his mine running fast with all the possibilities; maybe this was a really good idea after all.

At home he locked himself in his room and put hands into action immediately; Harry dropped everything to the floor beside his bed, plugged his phone into the speakers and he sat between the flowers as 'Yellow' by Coldplay begun playing. He took off his jacket and placed his own flower crown on his bedside table.

"Look at the stars, look how they shine for Lou..." Harry sang quietly smiling to himself as he worked on the delicate artificial flowers with his big hands.

His playlist ended and he was still working on the crown soundlessly, he was too concentrated to notice anything outside. Harry gave it the ultimate touches of perfection, and smiled widely. The flower crown was smaller than his own but he made it supposing Louis head would be a little bit smaller than his, it had little purple and light blue paper roses with its respective minuscule leafs behind them, it was a simple crown but to Harry it meant the world.

On Monday he woke up even earlier than his alarm clock, he tossed the blankets off his body and ran to the bathroom to take a quick and warm morning shower, which ended up being a quite long shower because Harry was nervous and being under the warm spray of water made him feel somehow safe. When he walked out and wrapped a towel around hi hips before looking at himself on the mirror he felt better.

"Everything is going to be okay. You can do it" he said to himself on the mirror and then sighed.

He put on some clothes and brushed his curls, more like he just ruffled them with his hand a bit and fixed his fringe before putting on his crown of the day, white daisies with one or two yellow ones. Harry took his backpack and the squared black box with a red ribbon on it from the nightstand and placed it carefully on the frontal compartment; he sighed once more and looked at his reflection on the mirror to make sure his crown was on place one last time.

When he walked into the kitchen his mother wasn't there, there was a note on the table saying that she had gone to Gemma's school but she loved him and wished him a good day. Harry pocketed the note and took an apple from the fridge before walking out of his house and towards the school.

Harry walked as he did every morning, with a firm step and with his ear buds on, casually humming the lyrics because it was too early to sing properly, but with a shy smile on his lips that made his dimples barely visible.

Unfortunately, in the moment he stepped inside of the huge building that tried to make educated citizens all of those kids reality hit him and he only wanted to go back home and hide under his bed. All he could think about was the worst scenarios that could be developed after giving the gift to Louis, from laughing at him to punching him mercilessly for being a 'fag'. Probably the one that he was scared the most was the laughing, because one way or another the physical pain would go away with paracetamol and massages, but the other would be engraved in his memory forever. Actually, the thing that made him hurt the most was thinking about Louis laughing at him, breaking his heart and that it made him unable to ever love someone.

With his palms sweating and his heart pounding against his ribs he walked almost shyly towards his locker and deposited all the necessary things that he carried at the moment, leaving in his backpack just his biology book, a couple notebooks and the black box.

Just as he was about to close the door of his locker and go looking for Niall his phone buzzed and a message let him know Niall was going to the doctor and wouldn't be attending to classes. If Harry was nervous a while ago now he was panicking, his plan was meeting with Louis with Niall by his side to offer him support and now he was completely alone.

He could feel his knees trembling and how his grip on is bag tightened, his abdomen muscles contracted and his stomach decided it was a good idea to have a party in there. Harry slumped against the locker and tried to breath normally.

"C'mon, Harry. You can do it, it's only a boy" he said to himself quietly "The most perfect boy in the whole world that probably will laugh at you" a voice told him from the back of his head.

He closed his eyes tightly and then inhaled deeply "Man up, Harry. Let's go. If you don't try you'll never know".

He fisted his hands and his feet begun moving on their own towards the place he knew he would find him.

Maybe he was sweating, maybe he was hyperventilating and maybe he was on the verge of having a heart attack, and probably there were more things against him but at the thought of being able to make Louis notice him it made everything was worth it.

~~~~x~~~~

There it is! Ok, so I've been having multiple business meetings with myself and we came to the conclusion the official 'update days' will be Saturday and Sunday. Sounds good? I hope it does.

I also think I'm going to exempt all of my exams so I'll have vacation since like half December to almost February! So more updates for "Flower Crown" WOHOO!

Have I ever told you that I always wear my own flower crown while I write this? Well, I actually wear it all the time! Like, I take it to school too almost everyday. Everyone should have one, it's really cool :D