Ch. 39 "Muffled sounds"

"Li..." Niall muttered as he stared at his boyfriend currently sitting behind the steering wheel of his truck.
They were still on the school's parking lot and it was a cold day, colder than usual. Liam had been taking Niall home the past couple of days, not that Harry minded because the poor kid had been so depressed he didn't talk to any of them, he didn't even eat anymore.

The boy looked at him tiredly "Yeah?" He said softly, just as he did whenever he talked to Niall.

"Do you... I think we should tell Harry" Niall said fiddling nervously with his fingers.

Suddenly he felt a great pressure on his bicep and looked up with a terrified expression just as Liam's grip tightened like his jaw.

"We are not. You are not going to tell him anything. You can't, Niall" he said with a rough voice and hard eyes that scared Niall even more.

The blonde boy tried to jerk his arm off Liam's grasp but he until tightened his grip even more.

"Liam-" he was about to plead but he got interrupted.

"No, Niall. You can't tell him. I swore to Louis, I can't let you break my promise, we weren't even supposed to tell you so shut your mouth before.." He said in a threatening tone.

The younger boy had actuall tears on his eyes as he could feel his arm's circulation being cut. "You're hurting me" he whimpered as he struggled to get out of the car.

Liam's eyes which had became darker for a moment came back to their normal softness just as they opened wide as his mouth, "I'm sorry, Ni. I-"

Niall shook his head and slumped against the door, still unable to open it as he rubbed his arm.

"I'm so sorry. Are you okay? Did I hurt you, love? Please" he said with a hurt expression on his face as he tried to hug Niall.
The boy let him do that and cuddled under his chin, "I'm sorry, Niall"

"It's okay. Just..." He muttered
"It wont happen again, I won't hurt you ever again" he said as he desperately kissed his hair as he kept muttering apologies.
Niall was not upset, though. He wasn't even worried about Liam hurting him. He had know about his anger issues almost as long as he had known the boy and he knew it was not his fault, he also knew the medication he took kept him stable most of the time and he only became aggressive when he was under overwhelming pressure, like right now.

"I know you swore but..." He stared at the console while he fixed the hem of his sweater, "I'm just worried about Harry. He does not deserve not knowing. Louis is his boyfriend and he is really sad and mad and well, worried about him and why he doesn't call him or comes to school anymore"

Liam sighed again and caressed Niall's cheek gently making the blonde boy look at him in the eyes, "I am worried too. They're my friends too. But we can't Niall. We don't know how will Harry react and I think that Lou gave us instructions for a reason, he's just trying to protect his Curly" he said and kissed Niall's hair who nodded softly.

"Okay" he said finally and kisses Liam's lips gently, "Maybe you're right"

The couple drove the lonely streets until Liam successfully deposited his boyfriend into his house. They kissed a bit and then Niall went to the door where he turned around and waved to the truck's driver who, of course, waved back. The blue eyed boy sat in the kitchen, thinkings about his friends and having an internal battle about telling Harry or keeping the secret that was hurting them so much. He opted for the second option, he only hoped Louis knew what he was doing.
Niall considered going to Harry's house to accompany his mate for a while, he desisted.
He wouldn't have found him anyway, because while Niall was sitting on that chair Harry was already walking the steps up to Simon Cowell's doorstep.
Harry sighed and knocked gently with his knuckles, he shifted from feet to feet as he waited and when the door opened he almost fell backwards. When he regained his balance he looked at Simon who was just standing there with a blank expression.
"May I help you, kid?" He said coldly and it made Harry's chest contort even more.
Now Harry was almost sure of hurting or offending Louis so bad even his uncle hated him.
"I- I.... I'd like to see Louis" he muttered with a strangled voice as he stared at his boots.
Harry could hear his pulse through his ears and felt how every pore of his body tingled with fear. After standing there for a few minutes in silence Harry though that it was possible he was there alone and the door closed. He looked up and the man was still there with the same face.
"So the little twat came out of jail and didn't even call home. What a-" Simon said, well, he said more but Harry didn't listen too him. His words piercing his brain letting him just barely able to breath.

He stood there with wide eyes and tight jaw, fisting his hands on his coat staring into space. And then he heard a sob, only to realize it came from his own throat. When he came back to himself he wasn't even at the door step, he was inside with Simon touching his forehead asking if he was okay. Not that the curly boy understood much of what was he saying, he could only feel his heart being squished and his mind was racing thinking about one thing only.

Louis.

~~x~~
Hello! Guess whose theatre thingy is over? It went fine, it could have been even better but hey! We're all massive procrastinators and lazy as fuck.
Anyway, I'm writing the next chapter right now, I just wanted to upload something since it has been three weeks. I'm the sorriest person ever, but I love you.

Please comment, vote and the whole thing!

X.