Ch. 9 "What's your name, Curly?"

Laughter. Even if it was one of Harry's favorite sounds, this time felt like his head was going to explode, he felt his chest tighten around his internal organs, making it hard to breath. He felt as if he was going up in a roller coaster and then it stopped on the top, as if he had just been hit by ten trains at the same time.
In his mind he hoped he had never come out of his bed that morning, he would have preferred the beaten a thousand times instead of this. His eyes filled with tears and he could only think about running away.
"Hey... You ok?" The voice of Louis dug into his ears "Curly, why are you crying?".
And Harry was afraid, frightened to open his eyes. He could feel the tear rolling down his cold cheek but he couldn't move his hand to wipe it away; his lower lip was quivering hard and the air was not enough for him.
"M'sorry" he said brokenly and tried to walk away but his legs didn't move and that only made him feel worst.
'Please kill me' he thought, he didn't want to bear with this, he knew it was stupid from the beginning and he shouldn't even have thought it was a possibility, it was obvious he would just get beaten or, as it actually was, laughed at.
A sudden cold made solid contact with his wet cheek and he opened his eyes, his red swollen eyes.
"Don't cry, Curly. Why are you crying?" Louis said sweetly as he wipe the tears away from Harry's soft skin.
"It was a mistake" Harry begun with his voice cracking.
"What? What is a mistake?" Asked the shorter boy confusedly.
"You're laughing at me. I shouldn't have made it in the first place" He said and this time his legs worked properly, he started walking away.
And Louis heart broke, because in that moment he understood that it was his fault, he made one of the most beautiful creatures cry, he made the sweet boy cry. Actually, he wanted to punch himself. He had made Curly cry when the poor boy only wanted to give something to him, he laughed at him on his face.
"Wait!" He exclaimed and ran after the other boy a few meters before grabbing his wrist and pulling him back.
"Please..." The taller boy whined as he tried to recover his arm.
"No, you don't understand" Louis didn't let go, and to be honest he didn't want to "I didn't mean to laugh. It's just that... You made it for me?".
Harry just nodded mutely as he tightened his lips trying to hold back more tears.
"I didn't mean to laugh. It's just that no one has ever give me- made to me something as..." Louis said smiling down at the contents of the box.
"Stupid" Harry said harshly.
"No!" Louis said still smiling incredulously at Curly, "it is beautiful, it is just... So precious".
Harry looked at him with his eyes widely open, "You liked it?".
"Yeah, of course I did. It's amazing, nobody ever gave me a gift they made themselves, let alone this pretty", Louis said smiling. "Why don't you help me here?"
Harry just stared at him dumbly, "huh?".
The tattooed boy smiled up at him and offered the curly one the crown. "You are the expert here, and you sure have a better sight from up there. Could you put it on me?"
The flowered boy almost had to pinch himself but grinned and nodded so fast his neck cracked softly. Louis placed the gift on his big hand and Harry put it on his feathery hair.
"How do I look?" Said Louis smiling as he touched it gently with his fingers.
"Perfect" Curly said dreamingly and that made Louis chuckle.
"I don't think I look as good as you do. It seems as if you were made to wear them" the short boy said smiling.
Harry blushed and when he was about to say something the bell rang loudly and they both sighed.
"I'll see you later, Curly. Thanks" he said and begun walking back to his friends.
The curly boy just jumped around grinning madly until he saw Louis' compact figure come back.
"Uh... What is your name, Curly?" He asked.
"Harry, Harry Styles" the taller boy said grinning and showing his dimples.
"Well, Harry Styles, thank you for the gift. You have beautiful dimples" he said simply and then disappeared around the corner.
To say that Harry was about to explode of joy didn't cover even half of what he was feeling. He even hopped back to class and his stomach didn't even argue because of the lack of food.

Louis walked back to his friends who looked at him with their eyebrows raised and suppressing laugh.

"You better shut up" Louis said simply and all the boys walked back to classes.

The short boy could feel the stares on him, mostly his head, but he didn't care at all. He felt fantastic and kind of appreciated because Harry made it with his own hands and he made it especially to him; also he knew nobody would dare to say something about it so he didn't worry at all.

When school was over Harry didn't have a real reason to wait so he went to Mr. Criss classroom and told him about Niall, the man thanked him and asked him to tell the blond boy to practice.

Harry was happy, really happy. Is not as if Louis had asked him to go out, and he wasn't even sure if the other boy accepted the gift just in a friendly way, but he didn't care. Louis said he liked it and wore it all day at school (Harry saw him twice between classes and the other boy was still wearing it happily), and Harry just wanted to walk home and kiss and hug everybody in the way there because well, he was really happy.

When he got home he was received with the delicious aroma of his mother cooking and he was certain there were cookies involved. He entered the kitchen and Anne was just pulling a tray of chocolate chips cookies from the oven.

"Hello, mum" Harry said smiling as he walked towards his mother and hugged her apron-ed body once her hands were free.

"Hey, sweetie. Want some cookies?" The mother asked as she hugged his tall son tight.

Harry nodded and blew at them. He sat on the counter and ate happily his cookie as his mother put some mixture on the tray and placed it again inside the oven, Anne took off her gloves and sat beside Harry with a cookie in hand.

"How was school, my darling?" she asked before biting the cookie.

"Amazing!" he said smiling giddily and munching the food inside his mouth, "He asked for my name, he liked the crown!" he said excitedly and hugged his mom.

They sat there talking about Louis until the cookies were ready, Anne just smiled at her son because he looked like a kid in Christmas morning. When the cookies were ready she pulled them out and then, after they were cold, she put some inside of a paper bag and gave it to Harry to share them with Niall and some more in another for Louis.

That night Harry told his sister who fangirled over them and said she wanted to be his made of honor, Harry just blushed but couldn't stop smiling. When the curly boy went to bed he felt in peace and overly excited for tomorrow.

~~~~x~~~~

See? I'm not THAT bad, actually I was itching to write this part but it was late yesterday and well, a cliffhanger didn't seem so bad.

Please comment, vote and the whole thing.

Thanks for not chasing me with torches!

X.