Chapter 5

Edward's P.O.V 

My family came a few hours after Sam was born. They wanted to give us some time alone with our son before we had to share him with them and give Bella some time to rest. The first ones to arrive at our scheduled time were my cousin Jasper with his wife Alice, who became great friends with Bella after they met. 

Sam had Alice wrapped around his finger. She promised him that he'd be so spoiled Bella and I would consider her not seeing him anymore. Bella laughed and said she hoped it didn't get to that point. Jasper congratulated me and told me he was glad to see me finally happy. He knew more than well that my marriage with Tanya was not a happy one and even witnessed numerous fights. 

Once everyone came they were all over Sam. My mother had tears in her eyes when she carried him, my dad had a proud smile on his face and Emmett was glad Tommy finally had a playmate for whenever Bella and I flew up to Chicago. 

"Speaking of Tommy, where is he?" Bella asked Rosalie nicely. 

"He's with my parents," Rosalie said shortly without even looking at her. 

I glare at her and Mom also gives her a disapproving look. Could she not be a ragging bitch for once in her life? How could Emmett be married to her? She wasn't always such a bitch, at least not when I was married to Tanya. I did tell her after she had insulted Bella the first time she met my family if I had to stay miserably married to a woman that was her friend just for the sake of her not having to be a bitch. In the time they've been here she has not once asked about how were Sam or Bella and my wife sure as hell didn't give that attitude when she gave birth to Tommy. 

"We didn't want to experience the whole crying baby on the plane thing yet," Emmett joked, giving Rosalie a tight squeeze on her shoulder. 

She jerked away. "Yeah, of course." She looked at me. "Edward, have you happened to see Tanya?" 

"Rosalie," Mom snapped as she held my son. "Not the time."

"I was wondering because having her around-" 

"What?" Bella said anxiously. "Did... Did you see her? Was she around the area?" Her hand gripped mine tightly. 

Shit, fucking thank you, Rosalie. 

I wrap my arm around Bella. "No, baby, she's not. She knows better than coming here. Rosalie was just being a bitch as always." I glare at her. 

"Rosalie, outside now," Emmett said angrily and then looked at me. "You should come out as well." 

"I'll go with you," dad said, giving Bella an apologetic smile.

"Is there something wrong?" Bella asked nervously. 

Mom stepped in. "No, of course not, sweetheart. Nothing to worry about. Here, from now on this is the only thing you should think of," she said as she handed Sam to her. Bella gladly took him in her arms and kissed his forehead. 

I give my mom a thankful smile and look at Bella. "I won't take long, okay?" I kiss her on the lips and kiss Sam's head before heading out of the room behind my brother, his bitchy wife and my father. Once I gently close the door behind me, I glare at Rosalie. "Let me get this straight, Rosalie. I know that Tanya was your friend and everything, I get that but mention her again to my wife and I'll forget that your my brother's wife and a woman and drag you by the hair out of here, are we clear?" 

"And after everything you did Tanya is the bad person here?" She snapped.

"Rosalie," Emmett said, "we've been through this before. It's his life and he can do whatever he chooses. Bella has been nothing but nice to all of us."