Chapter 11

Warning! 🙈🙈

Edward's P.O.V

Her body crashed down on me one last time before collapsing completely on top of me. She was numb against me, her skin was hot and sweaty just like mine. Her breathing just as accelerated as mine. After a few minutes trying to control our breaths and our heart rate went down, Bella raised up with both of her hands on the sides of my head. Her hair created a perfect brown curtain around me. Her skin was flushed and her lips swollen from my kisses.

I run my hand up her arm and curl my fingers between her hair. "Come here," I said as I pulled her face to mine and kissed her passionately. She responded to my kiss immediately, digging her fingers on my shoulders before sitting up again without losing our eye contact and starts to rock her hips against mine again. I groaned, grabbing hold of her hips and guiding the pace again.

Oh, I love this woman so much.

* * *

I greet Jasper as I make my way back to my office for my next appointment. It's been a fairly calm day today, not to mention the great way Bella decided to wake me up this morning. Having to wake up with her on top of me almost drove me crazy. I smile to myself as I walk in my office, however my smile fades away when I see Detective Black and a woman in my office.

"Detective, I was not expecting to see you so soon," I said coldly as I shook his hand firmly. I still don't like him because of the way he looked at my wife during our meeting two days ago.

"We came here for routine," he said in the same tone. "This is my partner, Detective Leah Clearwater. Leah, this is Dr. Cullen."

The woman stepped forward and offered me her hand with a smile. "Dr. Cullen, I've heard so much about you."

I noticed the way she said that sentence and how Detective Black tried to hide a smile, they had a private joke with each other. Not very professional. I shake her hand and ask them to take a seat, might ad well get this over with so they leave my office soon. I notice both of them looking at the picture I had framed of Bella, Sam and I on my birthday.

"Beautiful child," Clearwater said with an honest smile. "What's his name?"

"Sam," I answered. "Samuel Cullen. Well, I guess you didn't come here to ask about my child. I have to make this quick, unfortunately, I have some appointments to attend."

"We won't take much of your time," Black said. "We did our routine check, you know background and everything on your bother-in-law Seth Swan. His part is basically clean, nothing out of the ordinary. Your part, however, has a pretty interesting record."

I raise an eyebrow at them. "Pardon me, I don't seem to understand but what is my part and how is it interesting?" 

Lean reached in her pocket and pulled out a picture. She showed it to me and I'm surprised to see Tanya's face looking right back at me. That picture is the picture from her drivers license but it still doesn't answer my question to how does this relate with Seth being missing for almost four days. I don't say anything and I just look at them. They do the same, expecting me to do the talking first. 

"Like I said, I fail to see how this relates with Seth," I said in a annoyed tone. "Shouldn't you be looking at security cameras, talking to people who last seen him, things like that instead of showing me a picture of my ex-wife?" 

"My men are in Port Angeles asking the questions and checking security cameras, doing things like that as we speak," Black said. "We're here because of routine, this woman could be a suspect. Anyone would think of it that way by just taking a look at her record." He reaches down and opens a folder. "I'm sure I don't have to tell you what's in here."