Chapter 16

Bella's P.O.V

It was a warm, calming day. Edward took the day off work to spend it with me and Sam. He was too worried to leave me alone after what happened last night, I feel worried myself. Edward carried me out of the bathroom, took care of my cuts on my hands and hugged all night while I cried. I guess I cried more than I have ever cried in years.

The morning after I woke up feeling a little better but yet the still simple thought of having Seth gone was almost unbearable, so I tried my best not to think about it. We will get the results of the autopsy soon and sooner than later we will catch the person who hurt my brother. I know he wouldn't want me moping around now that I have my own family, he would want me to fight for it. Fight for him. I miss him so much, still thinking about it causes me to cry all over again.

Right now the only thing that kept my mind off the pain were my two men sitting next to me on the bed. I laughed as Edward raised Sam in his arms and brought him down to kiss him on the lips. The simple act caused Sam would giggle nonstop, his laugh was so beautiful and contagious, we both laughed with him.

"How are you feeling?" Edward asked as he placed Sam against his chest and took my hand in his free one.

I shrugged and gave him a sad smile. "I'm alright, still a little shocked, I suppose. It's still hard to digest."

"I know it is, baby," he said sweetly as he brought my hand to his lips. "Everything will be over soon and things will go back to the way they were. I promise."

I smile at him and lean over to kiss him. Everything was calm, even beautiful for a moment until there was a desperate knock on our front door. The knocks were hard and constant.

I looked at Edward confused. "Who can that be?"

He shrugged as he walked toward the window with Sam in his arms. He opened the white curtain and looked outside. The look on his face told me it was someone we didn't want here. He muttered to himself before handing Sam to me and running off downstairs. I walked to the window to take a look myself. I'm shocked when I see Tanya pacing around on our porch, she knocks on the door again when there's no answer.

She's the same mess as always, her hair is pulled in a messy ponytail and her makeup was smeared all over her face. She wore a coat that was three times her size and she was already big enough. She rushed to the door when Edward opened it.

"Edward!" She launched toward him, for a second I got scared that she was going to attack him but instead she grabbed hold of his arms and pulled him outside. "Edward, I-"

"Tanya, what are you doing here?" Edward asked as he tugged his arms away from her. "You have to leave."

"Edward, there's-"

"No, Tanya!" Edward snapped. "This is the worst possible time! I don't need to deal with your nonsense, I have better things to do. Now leave."

She shook her head as she began to cry. "Edward, I remembered something!"

"I don't care!" He snapped. "Leave my house this instant, you have no business in being here. You have a restraining order so go before I call the police."

"Edward, you said-"

Edward groaned. "Tanya, have a little consideration for my family and leave. Don't you think it's enough for Bella having to know her brother is dead rather than having to deal with you as well."

"There's a reason why I am here, if not, I swear I wouldn't have come to bother you," she cried.

Edward sighed. "Fine, why are you here?"