Chapter 13

Bella's P.O.V

We had the flyers we need so we could spread them throughout Forks and Port Angeles. They contained a picture of Seth I took recently as he was holding my baby. We cut Sam off the picture for safety reasons, or more like I didn't want my baby's picture all over the place. It's been a week since Seth's been missing. A week.

Edward and I agreed that watching the news wasn't a good idea, we never know when the information they can be giving me could be true or false, so we simply decided to go with what Jacob told us. Edward told me the woman has been interrogated, he claims that Jacob didn't tell him who the woman was in order to protect her identity but something inside me tells me that he does know, he simply doesn't want to tell me.

Jessica came over yesterday just to talk. She says her husband had an affair with a woman. When I asked her if she thought he'd run off with her she said no, she saw her two days ago and confronted her. She even laughed saying the woman who he'd been cheating with was a mess. That she used to be really attractive but when she saw her it seemed like she hadn't showered in days, she was gaining weight. She was ugly. She was ghost, her words, not mine.

Jessica called off the search for Tyler, she claims she doesn't care whether her husband ever comes back or not, she couldn't be looking for a cheater.

"It's only me and my daughter," she said as she wiped her tears away. "The only good thing that came from our marriage."

I took her hand in mine. "I'm very sorry, Jessica. Anything you need, you can just come here and ask."

She thanked me for that and left after another cup of coffee. That was yesterday and today while I walked around my living room with Sam in my arms I saw through the open window how she with the help of Angela, her nanny, packed the car with her belongings. Men in uniforms took out her husband's belongings and placed them on the porch while others took the furniture out and loaded a truck with them. Jessica turned to my house when she was done, it seemed like I was standing there for hours looking at her move out of her house. Sam was crying in my arm's because he was hungry but I still stood there.

My eyes meet up with hers. She gave me something that looked like a smile from the outside and gave me a small wave. I waved back from the safety of my home and watched her car drive off in the distance before disappearing around the corner.

That was only in the morning. I never thought I'd have such an eventful day, I suppose.

Edward came home early. He came home with a sad look on his face, he said it was nothing but it didn't look like nothing. It looked like something, something was going on so I asked and asked until he called my father and asked him to come over. He knew something as well. When he came we all stood at the kitchen so they could tell me what happened. The police happened, there was news. They found something. They found somebody. A hunter and his dog found a body buried close by La Push at the Reservation.

"They think it might be him," he said, taking my hands in his. He softly caressed them. "They are doing some tests, just to make sure. They also want your father to go and recognize the body."

I shook my head over and over again. I couldn't believe it, Seth couldn't be dead. He simply couldn't. Why would someone hurt him like that? No, my brother wasn't dead. He couldn't be dead. I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. I began to cry.

"No... Oh, no, please no! No! Please don't tell me that!" I cried out. Edward caught me before I could hit the floor, he caught me in his arms and pressed me against his chest. My dad was trying so hard not to cry but I did, I cried and I knew my mother was not here because she was home crying as well. "No, please. Please, let that not be Seth. Please!"