Chapter 10

Edward's P.O.V

I reach over and take my wife's hand in mine to stop her from biting her nails. She's really anxious and that's not good. Seth has been missing for two days and we're heading to the station in Port Angeles to go to their police department and report him as a missing person. I don't like seeing her this upset, it makes me feels helpless because I can't do anything to help her get better right now. All she wants is her brother home safe and sound.

Seth is not the only thing she's worried about. It's also Sam, who stayed in Forks with her mom for the day while we came here. Renée was happy to take care of her grandchild and assured us that if anything happened she'd call us right away. That gave Bella a little of peace but ever since the incident last week Bella is afraid that Tanya will try to take Sam.

"Everything is going to be alright, baby," I assure her as I squeezed her hand gently. "Seth will come home."

She shakes her head, biting her lower lip. "I just have this really bad feeling," she said with a tight voice. "Two days without hearing about him, maybe we should have come sooner or maybe I should have asked him not to go-"

"He is going to show up," I assure her. "The police are already expecting us, I called them this morning. We should see a detective once we arrive."

"What detective?" She asked.

"I don't remember his name, all I know is that it starts with a B." I shrug. "I just wanted to make sure we do this as fast as possible."

Bella smiles and kisses my hand. "I have no idea what I would do without you. Thank you."

"You have nothing to thank me, baby." I kiss her hand back. "You know I'll do anything for you."

Her smile grows bigger and she looks out the window. There was a short silence in the car except for the music coming from the radio. Almost ten minutes went by before she said something again.

"Have you seen or heard from Tyler? You know, Jessica's husband, right?"

"I've seen him a couple of times but I never really talked to him, why?"

"Jessica reported him as a missing person. My dad was at her house yesterday. She said he told her he was going to a late meeting and wouldn't be home until seven but the thing is that there was no such meeting and the last time anyone saw him was leaving work at five." She looks at me and says, "Kinda weird, isn't?"

"Not weird, familiar," I smile at her.

I'm not gonna say it was right what I did, it was totally wrong but I get where Bella is going. That's the kind of thing I would tell Tanya when I went to Bella's apartment to spend time with her, though I was never gone for a full day because then that would be really suspicious and I would have found myself in the same situation as Tyler. I'd had the police looking for me.

"I'm not surprised, though," Bella said. "It would be the kind of thing he would do."

"How do you know?" I ask her.

"We all grew up practically together, you get to know people," she answered. "Well, Tyler is the least of my concerns right now."

We reached the police station in Port Angeles twenty minutes later. After giving my name to the lady in the front register we are led to an office where we would meet with Detective Black, that was his name. Bella's leg shook uncontrollably as we sat there waiting for him, a nervous habit she has. I put my hand on her leg and give her a squeeze, the shaking stops immediately and she gives me a flirty smile. Just like the old days.

The door opens and a tall, dark haired and tan skinned man walked in. We both stood up to receive him.

"You must be Mr. Cullen," he said as we shook hands.