The Morning After

Warning! 🙈🙈

Edward's P.O.V

Bella whimpers under me, her head stretching back, granting me ease access to her neck. My lips latch onto it for dear life as I thrust in one... two... three more times before coming to a complete stop. She moans loudly, her fingers digging into my back, probably leaving a mark. Probably as many as I left all over her neck and chest. We're both gasping, panting and sweating. Her arms wrap lazily around my neck and bring me down to her swollen lips, giving me open mouth kisses from my lips to my jaw and down to my neck. I do the same and we both remain in that position for a while before I dose off, completely high off her scent.

* * *

It's hard to sleep when all you can think of is the woman in your arms. Bella has fallen asleep a couple hours ago. Her back is pressed against my chest and her hair is pulled over her shoulder. I run my nose up and down the back of her head, inhaling her sweet scent. I can't even begin to express how it felt to be with her. Even when it was all rushed, the moment we connected, I thought I was going to explode. It was a total bliss. I didn't think it could be like that, I wanted to hold onto her and never let go...

But then Tanya came into mind. The fact that she was at home waiting for me and I was here in bed with another woman. This isn't the man I was raised to be. My father was devoted to my mother like no other man known in history. They both fought for their marriage through thick and thin, earning almost forty five years of marriage. He never looked at another woman twice and raised my brother and I with the same values, to love our wives and treat them like they're goddesses.

And here I am.

In bed with another woman that's not my wife.

I reluctantly roll away from Bella, throwing my forearm over my eyes and sigh. The sun hasn't risen yet, we're still in the depths of the night. It's only 3:45 am when I check my phone that I left behind by Bella's bedroom door where it fell. I have at least a dozen missed calls from Tanya and a couples text messages asking where I am, even apologizing for the fight, which is a new.

I'm a bitch, I know. I'm sorry. Please come home.

That earns another sigh from me. I look back at Bella sleeping on her side on her bed for a second before I walk out to her living room, dialing Tanya's phone number. She answers at the fourth ring.

"Edward?"

"Hey," I whisper.

"Where are you?"

"I'm at the hospital right now with a patient, I haven't been able to reach my phone till now," I lie. It's not like I'd tell her I was busy making love to another woman.

"Will you come home?" Her voice cracked. "I'm so sorry, I'm a fucking monster, I know. I shouldn't have done or said the things I said."

"Yeah, neither did I," I admit. "But I can't. There's work at the hospital and they need me. I'll be back in the afternoon, okay? Probably by dinner."

"Okay." Her tone is very sad, like a disappointed child that doesn't get their way. "I love you."

Dammit.

"Sleep well." I hang up the phone and toss it on the couch. It's only till now when I look down that I realize I'm still nude. I walk back to Bella's room, finding her sitting up on the bed, digging her nails into her forearms. "Hey, what are you doing up?"

I see the tears streaming down her face when she looks up. She shakes her head and covers herself with her blanket, almost as if she was ashamed or embarrassed.