First Night

A Couple Weeks Later...

Edward's P.O.V

"I'm working all fucking day, if it's so boring for you to be here all day, then get a fucking job and do something with your life!" That pissed her off because next thing I knew, her heel was being thrown at my face. I dodge it and glare at her. "Seriously?"

She is throwing smoke through her nose and ears. "I fucking hate you! I hate that you brought me here! I hate it!" With her other heel, she starts breaking everything on her shelves, every perfume, every make up whatever she had.

Then she turns to me and makes an attempt to throw a perfume bottle at me.

"Don't you fucking dare!" But she throws it anyway. It got too close, but I felt the small heel brush against my shoulder. I throw my hands in the air and say, "I'm fucking done."

"Where are you going?" She cries out as I walk out the door.

"Away from you!" I slam the door behind me.

"You can't leave me here, Edward!" She runs out behind me.

"Watch me!"

One thing leads to another. I came home, after an almost thirty five hour shift and I was ready for bed. But Tanya had other plans. She was pissed about the fact that her day out with Alice was a total chaos. She said Alice was a bitch that hated her way of thinking and that she seemed judging all the time.

But the simple fact was that I have met Alice before and I've never met anyone more sweet. Aside from Bella. But Alice wouldn't hurt a fly and she is the last person to judge someone unless given a reason. I know this because I've gone to numerous lunchs at her house with Jasper and I know Tanya, she can always give a reason with her thoughts that she deserves the whole world and that the whole world should bow down to her. Including me.

My mistake was that I said without thinking, "Well, you must have done something to make her judge you."

And all hell was set loose. She threw her fucking shoes at me and almost launched herself at me if it wasn't that I left that room before she had the chance. It's almost midnight and here I am driving back to the hospital instead of sleeping on my own damn bed. I walk in and it's really quiet, that's good. I walk past Mrs. Cope room, who seems to be doing better after her heart transplant last week. But just as I walk by, I notice someone standing beside her bed.

I stop on my tracks and step back to take a look inside. Bella is standing beside Mrs. Cope's bed, checking her monitor. I feel my heart skip a few beats when she looks over her shoulder at me with those big brown eyes.

"What are you doing here?" She asks, crossing her arms over her chest. She gives me a disapproving look but I see a little hint of humor in her eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I throw her question back at her, arching an eyebrow.

She steps out of the room and says, "Mr. Cope hasn't left her side not one night. I sent him home to take a shower and gather some things while I stay here with her until he comes back." Bella crosses her arms over her chest. "Now what's your excuse?"

I chuckle. "Not as good as yours."

"You just got off a thirty hour shift, Dr. Cullen. You really should go home and rest, I've never met a workaholic like you," she joked.

"More like a man less willing to go home to his wife," I said under my breath, not intending her to hear it but by the way her eyes widen, I know she did.

Over the past few weeks after my arrival, Bella and I have grown to be some sort of friends. We're able to talk and carry out conversation, but there's something about her. Something about her eyes, her compassion, the way she talks and the way she is with our patients. It's small things and even the big things about her that draw me to her. It makes me want to know everything about her. That patience, that love and her heart, it all calls out to me. The fact she's beautiful beyond possible is just another bonus.