xxi

He kissed me. Kwon Soonyoung. My step-brother.

He was pulling away. But, with my eyes closed, I kissed him back. I had the urge to. It was a sudden movement for both of us. When I realized what I had done, I pushed him away and ran off. 

The bell rang when I ran to a different hall. Students were swarming, rushing to their classrooms. I walked pass the students and headed for the hangout place to hide. I slammed the door shut when I got in.

"Noona?", someone spoke.

I jumped from shock. "Ah! You surprised me." I held onto my chest.

The person sat up. "Oh, mian, mian."

"Vernon?"

"Hi, noona!", he greeted, smiling.

"Hi...", I greeted back, then slid down the door.

"Skipping classes too?"

"Kind of."

"Wanna talk about it?" He patted the couch he was sitting on for me to sit.

He figured something happened. I was thinking whether I should tell him or not. But, hell, I need to let it out.

"How should I start?", I said.

"Say it however you want.", he replied.

"Ok, so,", I started, then cleared my throat. 

"You know how me and Mingyu are dating right? Last Friday, remember when we started texting each other? Yeah. Well, on that day, Mingyu went to my house and we talked. But, here's what really happened, we almost kissed. Almost. I almost had my first kiss. And like, if Soonyoung didn't come in, our lips would be, like, together. So we didn't get to. And, Mingyu left after that.

And today, I was having a good morning thinking about what almost happened. 'Cause that would've been progress in our relationship since we hardly feel like a couple. But, you know what, this Yerim girl comes in between us and steals my moment with Mingyu. Whom I was having a conversation with. She didn't leave until the teacher finally comes in. She was like all flirty to Mingyu even up 'til she left us. Mingyu and I were talking during class about her but the teacher caught us, even telling us we're flirting. Like, hell, no. The class teased us about it, especially that horse, Seokmin. Anyways, before lunch, we had gym. So boys and girls are separated. I looked for Mingyu since we always go together but he was nowhere to be found. And guess where I found him? Together with Yerim in an empty hall. They were talking when all of the sudden, Yerim kissed him. Like, shit, that was fast. I saw everything. But, here's the thing, I don't feel anything. Like, I'm not sad or angry. I just felt like I needed to leave those two alone. You get what I mean?", I paused.

"Not really. But go on?", he said.

"Ok, so when I went away, I headed to the classroom since no one was there. I was clouded with my thoughts but I decided to rest instead. But I didn't rest for long. Soonyoung came in and sat in front of me. We talked a bit. And at some point, we were quiet. I caught him staring at me. You see, he always does it. Staring, I mean. I asked him about it. He said I was pretty. I thought he was kidding, but apparently he wasn't. I swear, he was serious here. And then he kissed me."

"Oooh,", he interrupted. "Way to go, hyung!"

I gave him a look. "Sorry.", he said. "Continue."

"He kissed me and it's my first kiss ever. Stolen by my brother. Can you believe that?"

"Then, you ran away from him and came here?"

"Uh, yeah,.... you see, before I did," How do I say this? "I kinda kissed him back.", I mumbled but he understood it.

"Um, so what now?"

I slid down the couch and sighed. "I don't know."

"Well, that was an entertaining story."

"Yep.", I said, popping the 'p'.

Silence filled this room too. I was too messed up with my feelings to start speaking so Vernon started talking.

"So, about Mingyu-hyung,...", he said. "Do you like him?"

"Huh?"

"Well, sure, you guys are dating. But it doesn't seem like you are. I mean even at the lunch table, you guys just look like really close friends."

"Hmm. Is that so?"

"Well, I know hyung likes you, but do you?"

Do I? "I-I don't really know..."

"Well, noona, here's what I can say to you. Figure out what your heart wants."

I looked at him. "Vernon Hansol Chwe. Are you more experienced than I am?"

He blushed. "I had a girlfriend once."

"Wah, this kid. Hittin' it young!"

"Shut up. I used past tense."

"Aww~ That's too bad. Were you dumped or did you dump her?" I nudged his arm.

"How can you change so suddenly?" Then, I went back to being emo. 

"I guess, it's my way of escaping."

Both of us sighed. "Well, you'll find out soon.", he said.

"Find what out?"

"Whatever you want."

"Or who  I want, you mean."

He shrugged. "I'll be your supporter then.", he said, reassuring me with a smile.

I smiled back at him. "Aw~ Thanks, Vernon."

A/N: Previously on To Be With You... lol 

 A meme to share for y'all  (◍˃̶ᗜ˂̶◍)ノ"

oml vernon hahaha

i cracked when i saw this