xliii

I was so anxious to get to school. I made sure to put extra foundation earlier. I pulled up my hoodie just as we got off the car.

"You know, you're making it more obvious you're hiding something, right?", Soonyoung told me, on our way to my classroom.

"Well, whose fault is it in the first place?", I replied.

He raised both of his hands in the air. "Again, I'm sorry. I got too caught up in the moment."

"Yeah, and you were enjoying it too much, too."

"Who says I'm the only one who enjoyed?" He smirked at me but I just glared at him.

We parted our ways as we reach my classroom. I put down my hoodie and instantly laid my head down on my desk. I sighed. I hope I could get through this day without anyone noticing.

"Class dismissed. Don't forget to turn in your homeworks by five.", the teacher said before exiting.

I blew the air out of my face. It was self-study time, meaning free time. I took out my earphones and just listened to the music on my phone. I was enjoying the fourth song that played when someone pulled the left earphone.

"Miyoung~ Talk to me~", Seung ah said in a whining tone.

"Sorry, I was busy.", I told her.

"Yeah, busy ignoring me. Just how many times did I call your name?"

"Uh... " I shrugged. "Dunno."

She sighed and sat on my desk. "Soooo?" She looked elsewhere, probably thinking of what to say. I looked at her, waiting for her to start a topic.

"Why don't you take your hoodie off?", someone else said. We looked towards that person. "It's summer. Why are you wearing a hoodie, Miyoung?"

I rolled my eyes. "Well, it's air-conditioned in our classroom anyway.", I said. 

"Go away, Yerim. We're talking here.", Seung-ah told her.

Yerim scowled at her. "Excuse me, but I want an in on your conversation."

"Sorry, but the conversation line was drawn between us since long ago."

"I didn't know that such thing existed." The two of them glared at each other, then Yerim looked at me. "So, Miyoung? Can I join?"

I looked at Seung-ah. She was drawing a line across her neck. I already knew what I was gonna tell Yermi anyway. "Um, yeah. We're kinda talking about something private.", I said.

"You can share this private thing with me.", she said back. "I'm good with secrets."

"Okay, but it's really a private matter we don't want anyone to know but the two of us."

"Fine.", she said, before walking away then she stopped. "I really suggest you take off the hoodie. I'm the one who feels hot seeing you in it."

I sighed. "Okay, will do." I shot her  a smile so she could really leave us alone. 

"God, I really don't like her.", Seung-ah said, shaking her head. I really did take off my jacket then fixed my hair. Then, I heard Seung-ah laugh. "What the hell is that ridiculous, uneven foundation on your neck? Hahaha!"

I shushed her. "Shut up. It's--"

She cut off what I was gonna say. "Oh my god, oh my god." She covered her mouth but I could see her grinning. "You guys did not--? No~" She slapped my shoulder hard, I winced.

I shushed her again. "We did not!"

"My, my. Little Miyoung is becoming an adult, aye~?"

I sighed. "We didn't anything wrong--"

"Yet.", she interrupted. I gave her a look. She cleared her throat. "Okay. You were saying?"

"We didn't do anything wrong last night. He was dominant and I was trapped under him. Then, fortunately, we were interrupted."

Seung-ah pouted. "Aww. I can feel Soonyoung's disappointment from here."

"Uh, excuse me, I think I did pretty well for him."

"I didn't mean you. I meant with time." Then, she sighed. "Just when things are progressing between the two of you."

I punched her arm. "Progressing, huh? Speaking of,..." I thought of turning the tables on her. "How are you and Wonwoo progressing?"

She rolled her eyes. "Ugh, what are you saying? There's nothing going on."

"Mhm? But you seem closer these days." I wiggled my eyebrows.

She scoffed. "Maybe we are, but that doesn't mean we're progressing into a relationship."

"Yet."

She glared at me. "Don't use that word on me."

I grinned at her. "I swear, I can see you and him becoming official. I'm just waiting for that day."

She groaned. "Ugh, no. Please. Don't ship me with that guy."

"Too late. I already am."

She grumbled. "Miyoung-ah~ No~" I just laughed at her. "Let's just change topics for now."

"Okay, like what?"

"Hm... Oh, are you going tomorrow?"

"Tommorow? The Senior's Night?" She nodded. I nodded back. "Yeah, Soonyoung asked me to."

"Wonwoo asked me, too. Though, I'm not going."

"Huh? Why not? Join me, friend." I pulled on her arm.

"Those kind of things are not for me." She put a hand on my shoulder. "Sorry, friend, you'll be fine."

I fake sobbed. "Nooo~ I can't be without you."

"You'll be with Soonyoung anyway."

"But he's not you."

"But I don't like those stuff."

I pouted then crossed my arms over my chest. "Fine, whatever. I'll have fun on my own."

"Well, good for you.", she said, giving me a thumbs up.

"You're really not gonna change your mind, huh?"

"Nope~!", she said, popping the 'p'. I sighed and placed my head on my hands. "Hey, about tomorrow night..."

"What about tomorrow night?", I asked.

"Beware of the wolf.", she told me.

"Wolf? Wha--?"

"Nothing, nevermind. It's nonsense, really." She shook her head. I tilted my head, wondering what she was about to say. 

Alas, the awaited night has come. I fixed my dress as I wait right by the door for my date to come down. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be the other way around as I am the lady here. But, yeah, I was waiting.

When he finally showed up in his tux, he walked towards me and hooked his arm with mine. "Shall we?", he asked, smiling.

I nodded. "Let's go."