xxviii

It was past eight when I returned home. The car was there earlier than usual meaning mom and dad are home right now. I gulped thinking Soonyoung must've been going through a scolding.

Well, he kinda is...

"I can't believe you got into fight just now.", dad shouted at Soonyoung. "You're in your senior year already, what are you doing wasting your time on other things?"

They were gathered in the living room. Dad stood before Soonyoung while Soonyoung hung his head low.

"I'm sorry.", Soonyoung quietly answered.

"You should get into more fights.", dad then said. I don't know why... Even Soonyoung and mom looked confused. "I've been through four or more fights than you."

"Dad, what--"

"You don't always have to be a good boy! Your grandmother had given me tons of spankings when I was your age. I even had to sleep outside the house as punishment." Dad laughed.

"Huh?"

"Dear, what exactly were you like before?", mom asked.

Dad had to control his laughter. "I was a rough kid actually. Even went against my seniors. I'd rather see my child fight then I would know he isn't gay."

Soonyoung nodded, but looking at it, he still doesn't understand. So did mom. 

"I'm home...", I awkwardly entered the room. 

"Oh, Miyoung-ah, why are you late?", mom worriedly asked.

"I'm sorry. I went out for a bit without telling you."

"Who knew what could've happened to you alone?!", she scolded.

"Dear,", dad said."Let the children be for now."

"But..."

"The second time they do this, they sleep outside."

"Eh?!", Soonyoung and I exclaimed in unison. Dad just laughed at us.

"I'm serious about it.", he eyed the two of us. "Well, let's all go to sleep now. To your rooms!"

I knocked on Soonyoung's door and he welcomed me in. We sat on his bed with space between us. He dried his wet hair with a towel while I played with my fingers, thinking of what to say first.

"Soonyoung, I--"

"You didn't answer my call.", he cut my sentence, then gave me a glum look.

"O-oh, right. Sorry..."

"I should be the sorry one. Mingyu was starting to be too much, someone had to stop him. No, ...I let my feelings get ahead of me."

I blew air out of my nose. "Thank you," I smiled at him. "for doing that for me. I looked so helpless a while ago so I'm glad you were there. Thank you."

Despite the awkwardness, we just laughed it off. "Do you think Mingyu will ever forgive me?", I asked.

"Who knows...", he answered. "But I think he would. Mingyu's a good kid. No way he will never forgive you."

"I hope so." I looked down on the floor. "Soonyoung,"

"Hm?"

I looked back at him. "Can I hug you?"

He cleared his throat before opening his arms. "Of course, you can. I already said I'll only be your brother." He smiled widely at me. Though the both of us know there's something behind that smile...

I leaned onto him. I shouldn't be doing this to him but I feel more at ease when we do this.  I pulled away from that short moment. The moment I did, he flicked my forehead.

"Ack! Why do you always do this to me?", I whined.

"Hehe~ Because it's fun~", he answered. "Now, get out."

"What? Why suddenly?"

"It's already past bedtime. Now, shoo. Go to your room."

He picked me up and carried me on his shoulder. "Yah! Put me down!", I shouted at him. 

"Aniyo~" He started walking. 

"Oppa!!" 

"You should me that everyday from now on."

"I don't want to. " We reached my door. "You can put me down now."

"I don't want to.", he said it like how I said it earlier.

"Yah, just me put me down already~"

"I'm not gonna!!" He started spinning around and I was getting dizzy from it.

"Oppa! Yah! Stop it!" He just giggled like a kid. "Yah!!"

"AISH! YOU TWO! WHY ARE YOU SO NOISY?" Dad suddenly came out of their room. Soonyoung finally stopped and put me down. "It's time to sleep. Why aren't you sleeping yet?"

"We're sorry.", we both apologized.

"So damn noisy... I was gonna let you off without punishment for a while ago. THE BOTH OF YOU. OUTSIDE."

"Huh?"

"You're sleeping out tonight."

There were no sleeping bags nor pillows. Just a newspaper. Dad seriously pushed us out of the house. The two of us were in our pajamas sitting outside on such a cold night.

"Dad!", Soonyoung shouted under the window of mom and dad's room. "We're sorry!" 

No replies come back to him. "At least, give us a blanket? It's too cold." A blanket dropped from the window. "Thanks!!"

We covered ourselves in the blanket. Dad just gave us one (ㅠㅠ). 

"I can't believe him.", Soonyoung said. 

"It's seriously cold right now.", I said.

"Duh, it's winter." He scooted closer to me. "We'll be warmer if we stick close."

"O-oh, okay..." We were really close. Only the fabric was separating our skins. My face warmed up immediately. "I-I'm gonna sleep!"

"We should. Good night then."

"Good night..."

I couldn't sleep well that night. Not because we were cold nor is it the rough surface we were on. But because he was sleeping next to me that night.

A/N: 8K going 9K??? thank youuu o(*≧□≦)oσ(≧ε≦o)  I feel loved💕❤️❤️hahaha i'll try harder to make better chaps ㅠㅠ