xxxix

A/N: TRIPLE UPDATE SHABAMMM

(Wonwoo's POV)

It was a sunny day. It's been seventeen minutes since the time she told me to meet up. I waited at the bus stop for Seung-ah to arrive. It may have been a coincidence, but it's weird how we live in the same district.

"Sorry, I'm late." Just as I thought of her, she arrived.

If this was a cliche romance scenario, I would be blushing and unconsciously say she looks cute. Then, she too would blush, and things would be awkward as we enter the bus to our destination. But sadly, this isn't a cliche romance scenario. However, she does look cute. 

"Yah, is there something wrong with how I look?", she asked me.

"Yah? You must have forgotten I'm your sunbae.", I told her. 

She scoffed. "I'll give back my respect when we'll be friends."

"Funny, we're already a couple before we even become friends."

"We're a fake couple, let me put that out there."

"Whatever you say, babe.", I teased her while she just glared at me. When the bus arrived, she pushed me out of the way then sat at the very back. I sat on the very back with her, only on the opposite side. 

By the time we arrived, the sibling couple was already there, flirting. When they noticed us, they waved their arms and we went to them.

"The movie's gonna start soon, so we better get in now.", Soonyoung told us. "We've got the popcorn already, too." Miyoung held up the popcorn for us.

"Did you know we were gonna watch a movie?", I asked Seung-ah, but she ignored me as she took the popcorn from Miyoung and looked so happy to talk to her. I let the three of them walk ahead of as we went into the cinema.

Apparently, they expected us to share the popcorn, so my hand would meet hers once in a while. Not that my heart would flutter anyways, nor will hers. Actually, we were fighting over it silently. Somewhere in the middle of the movie, I fell asleep.

I woke up to sound of sobbing to my side. I looked over at Seung-ah and she was bawling her eyes out. I watched a bit of the movie. Apparently, the protagonist is in a hospital and is just about to die so he's saying goodbye to everyone he loves and all that depressing stuff.  I would've handed her my handkerchief if only she wouldn't decline it.

"Hey, you need a tissue or something?", I asked her. 

She covered her face immediately. "Hmph, (sob) don't look at me!", she hissed.

I looked back at the screen. "Okay, was concerned for you but you seem okay."

"Shut up. (Sob) I just feel (sob) very emotional right now."

"Here." I threw my handkerchief on her lap. "Use that to wipe your face."

"Ah..(sniffle) thank you."

When we got out, Seung-ah's pale face from crying was shown to the world. Not that I cared, but she looks really haggard. 

She handed me my handkerchief. "Thanks."

I got her hand with the handkerchief and pull her in. "You may want to go the ladies' room." I pointed at her face.

"Ah, geez." She stumped her way over.

When I turned around, Soonyoung and Miyoung were grinning at me. "What?", I asked.

"What?", they asked back, trying to sound innocent. I rolled my eyes at them.

We waited for Seung-ah to come back. She came with color back in her face. "Is it okay now?", she asked me. 

"Yeah.", I answered. My eyes looked over to the siblings, they were grinning again. 

It was basically Sonyoung and Miyoung dragging the two of us around. Seung-ah and Soonyoung wanted to do some shopping while Miyoung and I just waited for the two of them to finish their stuff. 

"You don't like shopping?", I asked her.

She stuck her tongue out. "No. Boring~", she answered. But she got in the shopping spree with all the products Soonyoung brings for her, which she thinks are lame and had to go choose her stuff instead.

The three of them wanted to go do karaoke, I just followed them. The three of them got hype for popular songs. When the couple decided to do a duet, that's when we learned Miyoung's a tone-deaf. It wasn't a good experience but we laughed it off instead. 

"On to our next performer, Jeon Wonwoo!", Soonyoung suddenly said.

I shook my head. "No, thanks. I'm good here."

"Ehhh~ Jeon Wonwoo... Jeon Wonwoo...", he started cheering for me, then Miyoung followed after him. It took a while before I finally agreed.

Everyone chose a hype song, so I chose a ballad. Jung SeungHwan's If it is you. Everyone cooled down while I sang then they cheered on me when I finished.

"I'm gonna buy drinks for everyone." Soonyoung stood up.

"I'll go, too.", said Miyoung. So, the two of us were left alone. Maybe just as they planned....

"I didn't know you could sing.", she told me, looking elsewhere.

"Well, you barely even know me.", I told her.

"True."

 And back to the silence we went. It was a rather awful atmosphere. I wanted to get out, maybe she did too. I was sweating from the awkwardness.

"Hey, I'm sorry.", I apologized to her. "For everything I said yesterday, I'm sorry."

She sighed. "Do you mean it?", she asked. "Did everyone think I was the slut of ShinSang High?"

"No.", I answered. "I made it up. But the rumors were pretty nasty."

"Ugh." She put her face to her hands. "Why did I do that? So fucking stupid...", she muttered to herself.

"So, are we breaking up?", I asked her. 

"I want to. But if it helps my friend, I'll put up with it.", she said.

I scoffed. "It's all their fault. Siblings who fell in love with each other."

"They were just strangers until a while ago." We both let out sounds of frustration.

"Why did it have to be his sister?"

"Why didn't she stay with Mingyu?"

"Why did we have to do this?", we said in unison. We both heaved a deep sigh.

"For our friends?", I said.

"For our friends.", she agreed. 

We've come to an agreement that we'll continue this fake relationship for the sake of our friends who keep their secret. At least somehow, Soonyoung and Miyoung's plan succeeded to bring me and Seung-ah closer but we still keep our distance. 

A/N: thank you for the 1.5K votes on this story :))))