liii

I ran out of my room immediately. "Mom, I can explain.", I said. She was pacing back and forth, biting her nails. She looked at me with wavering eyes. She walked to me and held both of my shoulders.

"Explain what? You and Soonyoung-- that?", she exasperatedly said. "And put on some clothes!"

"Mom, let me explain.", Soonyoung got out with pants on. 

Mom was knitting her eyebrows. She looked at the both of us with an angered expression. She exhaled deeply. "Tell me every single thing about this, from the beginning."

The three of us were sat at the dining room, as if we had an office meeting, but it is over an important business. We told her everything we could. From the beginning up to where we are now. Mom was angry, why wouldn't she be?

"How long has this been going?", mom asked.

"Three months now.", Soonyoung answered. 

"Three months into a relationship but you're doing that?"

He hung his head low. "I'm sorry."

She shook her head. "I would support the two of you, if only you weren't siblings."

"But, mom,", I said. She looked at me with stern eyes. I gulped. "We're not really related by blood, isn't this--"

"Okay? You think this is okay?", she cut me off. "Miyoung, even if it's like that, wouldn't people look at the two of you weirdly?"

"Yes, they would, but I'm willing to scar my reputation if I'm happy with it."

"Dear, not everything goes smoothly. Let's say you are happy, but what about those around you?"

"That's..." Honestly, I've been thinking about only me and Soonyoung I hadn't considered others.

"I'll take responsibility for what we've done.", Soonyoung spoke. "It was rash of me to force my feelings on Miyoung in the first place."

"Soonyoung," I looked at him. I was getting frustrated with everything that's happening. Everything was okay until everybody knew because of that video. Now that mom found out, just how worse would it get? This is not how I want it to be. I want to be with him. 

He smiled at me. He's smiling, but his eyes says something different. "I'm going to tell dad.", he said.

My eyes grew wide. "What are you thinking?", I exclaimed. Even mom looked worried.

"I need to come out clean. That is, before he finds out in the worst possible way."

"Isn't this too rushed?", I told him. "Nothing  would go back. We might get separated, like he might send you or me away."

"I know." He sighed. "Isn't that the best for everyone?"

Now I'm getting angry at him. "Maybe for everyone else. But what about us?"

He shrugged. "Some sacrifices have to be made, and the sacrifice would be us this time."

I scoffed. "Sacrifice? Do we really need a sacrifice?" He didn't answer me me but kept his eyes on his hands that were on the table. He's really gonna do it, tell dad. "No." I stood from my seat. "I don't want to accept that. Isn't there another way? Why are we the ones who have to change?" According to society, this isn't normal. I understand that. But why do we always have to follow the norms? Why can't we be that one out of a hundred couples who are different from the regular ones?

"Miyoung,", mom spoke. "Respect Soonyoung's decision." I just frowned. I felt really bad so I walked out on them to my room.

By the time it was nine in the evening, it would be the time dad arrives home. Soonyoung insists he welcomes him home alone, since he was gone for ten days and so that they could talk. Alone. I sat at the top of the staircase so I could listen to them. Neither dad nor Soonyoung would see me here as they talk. There was a long pause before they started speaking.

"It's been quite some time since I've seen you. Where were you?", dad asked.

"I stayed at a hotel.", Soonyoung answered.

"For ten days straight?"

"Yes."

"And why exactly were you there?"

"I... just needed a getaway to think." Then, they became quiet.

Someone cleared their throat. "Isn't it a bit awkward?", dad said, chuckling. "Where's your mom and Miyoung? It's awfully quiet here."

"They're upstairs, I guess."

"Oh, do you mind calling them?"

"Before that... d-dad, I...I have to tell you something.", Soonyoung stuttered. My heart started to beat rapidly, knowing what's about to happen.

"Of course. You can tell me anything."

I could hear Soonyoung's sigh. "I'm in love with Miyoung." Silence followed after that, meaning dad wouldn't answer.

"The thing is, she's in love with me, too.", he continued. "The two of us are in a relationship, and I'm sorry I've been hiding it from you. We've actually  been together for quite some time now. Recently, there have been rumors in school about the two of us. In fact, everyone in school knows, even the teachers. It all started with me. I've made mistakes here and there, but I don't consider this as a mistake. I hope you're not dissapointed."

Mom stood by on the corridor and listened to their conversation with me. I kept my knees to my chest, waiting for dad's reply.

You could hear dad blow air our of his nose. "You expect me to not be disappointed in you?", he said. "I'm glad you told me, but of all girls, why her?"

"She's seemed like a great girl when we first met them, and I was right. She's even beyond that."

"I see. But what do you expect me to do about this?"

"Are you gonna... separate us?"

"What else am I suppose to do?"

"Do we have to?"

"It seems so. I can't let anyone know about this. I've already damaged my reputation in the company when your mother left us. I can't have you, as heir, damage yours when you haven't entered the business yet."

"Do I really have to succeed you?"

"I've been training you since you were fourteen, you're just gonna throw that away?"

"No, of course not. I can't do that."

"Well then, it's decided that you transfer school by next week."

Next week? "Next week? Where?"

"I planned for you to study in America for college but we'll just take you there in advance. I beared not seeing you for days, I can bear not seeing you longer than those days."

"What? Why do parents always try to send their kids to America?"

"I sent myself to America when I was your age. Look at where I am now."

"But--" Soonyoung stopped talking.

"I hope you understand, son. I'm just giving you what is good for you."

"I understand. I'll tell Miyoung."

"About that, I won't allow you to talk to her until the day you're leaving."

What? Bullshit, that 's unfair. He's already leaving us behind, now I can't even have a conversation with him. I can't believe everything's ending, just like that.

"I'll only tell her I'm leaving.", Soonyoung said.

Dad sighed. "Fine. Talk to her tonight, but that will be the last time you would in a long time."

I ran off before he could even get upstairs. I slammed the door as I went out of the house, making it obvious I was listening to them. I could hear Soonyoung calling my name, but I ignored him and kept walking to somewhere my feet leads me to.

A/N: updateuuuu~ (๑>؂<๑)