xxxiii

As the next day came, I knew I was fucked. I open my eyes to fully realize what could just happen today. But today is the day I have to set things straight with Soonyoung.

He made it obvious that he's ignoring me. He left for school earlier than me, ignores my calls, and avoids seeing me in the halls. I try to reach out to him but he turns away every time. 

"Soonyoung!", I called but he continued to ignore me. "Listen to me, just once."

"Why should I?", he finally replied. "Everything's okay as it is right now. Let's not destroy the equilibrium."

"Don't use words that sound smart to me. We need to sort this out."

"Fine." He sighed. "Go ahead, then."

I sighed, too. "Okay. But let's take this somewhere else."

We headed to the only place everyone would rarely be, the hangout place. I closed the door behind me and my lips began to move however it wants.

"I'm sorry about it.", I said. "Really. But I have this gut feeling urging me to do it, and I can't help it."

"Listen, Miyoung. We don't want to do this.", he said. "I don't know why I did in the first place. It was stupid of me to have feelings for you."

"No, it isn't. I know you want to, and you can't do anythings about those feelings of yours because they happen. It happened to me, too."

"Are you saying you like me?"

I blushed and paused before talking back. "N... yeah..."

He scoffed and shook his head. "I can't believe this."

"No! Really! I like you! "

"No, you don't! You're just infatuated with me. You're just being dragged by your emotions."

"How do you know, and why do you keep denying me?"

"Then, why do you keep forcing me?"

I couldn't say anything. I didn't know the answer to it either. I open my  mouth but words no longer go out. 

"I'm telling you, you don't like me.", he said. "Don't try to get my hopes up, will  you?" He said the latter softly but enough for me to hear.

I don't know when, but tears streamed down my face. "What should I do, then?", I asked. 

He looked surprised at first and didn't know what to do when he saw me crying. "W-why are you crying? Don't--"

"I don't know!", I shouted at him. "Ani... It's because of you!" More tears burst out.

"Yah, yah, yah." He patted my head. "You... Let's sit down for now."  He lead me towards the couch and got me a water bottle from the small refrigerator. 

"Have you calmed down now?", he asked me after I drank water. 

"No."

He sighed. "Do you really want to do this?", he asked. I couldn't answer. What if I make another mistake like I did to Mingyu? I don't want to break anyone anymore. "Look, if doing this makes you feel better, I'm obliged to do it with you. But, if you're not sure about this, I'm telling you, don't force yourself."

"But what if I actually do like you?", I asked him.

"Do you think I'm not happy about that? I like you, too. I really, really like you. I won't let you down as a man."

"Then, can we?"

"We can." He held my hands and drew circles with his thumb on it before looking at me again. "But, may I?"

"You may..." 

He cupped my face with his hand and leaned forward. I closed my eyes and felt his soft lips on mine. It was gentle kiss but it felt  sweet.

"We can't let anybody know about this.", he told me. "Especially, mom and dad."

"I won't tell anyone.", I said.

"I won't either." 

We held our pinkies up and interlocked them. From today onwards, our status as siblings just became complicated.

A/N: helloooo short update but at least there's one huhuhim sorry

anyways thank youuuuu for the 1K votes for this storyyyyy uhuehuehue saranghae my readers~~ (^^)~