xxvii

I woke up at 7 AM.... which means I'm late. Well,  shit.

I rushed to the bathroom and the first thing I see is a monster in the mirror. I scream. Then I realize it's just me. Pale face, swollen eyes, and an explosive bed hair. Sigh. 

I sneaked my way into school. I wore a hoodie and face mask to cover my face. It was already time for second period, so I quietly went to my seat.

"Huh? Isn't this my seat?", I asked my classmate.

"Oh, Miyoung-ah. We changed seats today.", he explained. "You sit over there starting today." He pointed over to the seat near the door at the front. 

I searched for Mingyu in the room. He was seated at the very back by the windows. Very far from me... I don't know if I should be sad or relieved (';ω;').

"Miyoung?", my classmate called. 

"Oh?"

"There seems to be something wrong with your face..."

I awkwardly chuckled. "What do you mean? Saying it like that seems a bit harsh..."

"Did you... cry?"

I immediately denied. "O-of course not!" It came a bit louder than I expected.  All eyes went to me. Even Mingyu but soon after he looked away. "Uh... I mean, I was watching this movie and-- I'll go to my seat now."

I rushed and put my head on my desk. What am I doing?

"Good morning, class.", said the teacher that came in. Everyone stood up to greet him. All attention went to his subject.

When lunch came, I went straight to the boys' table. I was the only one there. After about thirty seconds after I sat, everyone's complete, including Mingyu. Things were awkward between us though we sat on opposite sides. The only one who knows about us is Soonyoung. I could see Soonyoung staring at the both of us. He gave me a smile to cheer me up but he knows enough I still feel bad.

Seokmin noticed something, and he had to say it. "What happened to our lovey-dovey couple?", he said.

"Nothing, why?", I spoke first.

"Nothing, too. It's just that--"

"We broke up.", Mingyu cut him off. Everyone went silent. All eyes went back and forth to me and Mingyu. My lips froze.

"Huh? But, why?", Jihoon asked.

Staring coldly at me, he said, "I'm just tired of her. I don't like her anymore."

"That's it? What about Miyoung-ssi?", asked Minghao, looked worriedly at me. "You guys just ended like that?"

"Yeah.", Mingyu answered. "She's the reason we broke up anyway."

"Yah.", Soonyoung's voice came through the intense atmosphere. "You don't have to say it like that."

"She told you already, hasn't she?" Mingyu scoffed. "She was the one playing with me."

Shut up, Mingyu., I wanted to say. That's not true.

"That's not true.", Soonyoung said. "She wouldn't treat others like that."

"How do you know? You're her brother yet--"

"I'm her brother and that's why I know." 

Mingyu didn't answer back. They just glared daggers at each other. Wonwoo, who was so chill at back, suddenly laughed. 

"You guys are so funny. What is this? A scene from a drama?" He scoffed. "I've seen better ones."

"Wonwoo-hyung, I'm just telling this hyung how much of trash his sister is.", Mingyu said. My breath hitched. I feel like I got stabbed in the chest. What happened to the sweet Mingyu a few days ago?

"Yah, this punk." Soonyoung stood up already. "Just shut your mouth already."

Mingyu ignored him. "Miyoung, why aren't you saying anything?"

"I-I.. uh.." I couldn't speak the words I wanted to say. "... don't--"

"Can't say anything because it's the truth about yourself?", he said. I clenched my fists. It's not like that.

"No. I'm not like that.", I mumbled.

"Yah, what are you saying? I can't hear your whiny mouth from--" A fist landed on Mingyu's face. Mingyu touched the spot where he was hit and winced. "Hyung!"

"Sorry, but you're getting annoying.", Soonyoung said.   He swung another one but this time he missed. Mingyu dodged but Soonyoung was still pissed.

"Yah, yah, yah. Let's stop it there.", Jihoon said as he held back Soonyoung but he shook him off and lunged at Mingyu again.

The boys created a commotion. Everyone started to surround them. Soonyoung was swinging his fists on Mingyu, but Mingyu hit back to defend himself. The other boys tried to pull the two of them away from each other. I stood behind the crowd, not wanting to see how bad it already is.

Everything is my fault. "I fucking hate my life."

I ran away and went home. I didn't even bother sneaking out. The school guards tried to stop me but I can't deal with anyone right now. Only two corners away from my house, I decided to go somewhere else. I went three stations away from my house.

The river flowed quietly but the people were noisy. I went under a bridge and sat there. Tons of people passed by but they don't know me nor care about me. My phone was buzzing. I looked at it and Soonyoung's number was on the screen. I ignored it and turned off my phone. I closed my eyes and exhaled deeply then tried to remember the days where my life wasn't much in a troubling phase.

A/N: yo i updated ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ yayy ( ◞・౪・) the MinMi ship is dead ((((*。_。)_

i srsly dont know what im doing anymore lololol but whatever. THE STORY CONTINUES