lv

(Wonwoo's Point of View)

Seung-ah was hanging out at my apartment to watch a couple of movies with me. Lately, it's been like this. She would call me randomly to let me come over, then I would do the same. It's probably out of our splendid amount of free time. She brought in the movies this time and I was bored on half of it. She did warn me they were mostly lame cheap movies.

"Hey, if you're just gonna sleep, I might as well go home now.", she told me.

I tilted my head back. "It's your fault your choices are bad.", I said.

She sighed but didn't answer back. I glanced at her and noticed she wasn't paying attention to the screen either. I got up and pulled out the DVD.

"Why'd you stop the movie?", she asked.

"I'm saving my bills. Besides, you weren't watching, too."

She glared at me. "But I was."

I put the DVD aside. "Something wrong?", I asked.

"Of course, there is. I was watching the damn movie.", she replied.

I knitted my eyebrows. "Not that. I'm talking about life. Is something wrong with your life?"

"Oh..." She nodded her head. "Not really."

"Really?"

"Well, maybe not with me, but someone else's..."

"And that someone else is?"

"It's --it's obviously Miyoung."

I nodded my head. I took a seat beside her to let her tell me everything she has to say. "So, what about her?"

"You don't know 'cause you're not in the same classroom but, she always seems to be out of it."

"Skipping class or can't concentrate?"

"Both, actually."

"Can't help it if that stupid brother of hers ran off like that."

"Well, yeah. Soonyoung-sunbae's been gone for ten days. With the rumors that came before that, I can imagine just how depressed she is."

Actually, I've seen Soonyoung within these ten days, somewhere in town. He seemed just as bad. We didn't talk 'cause he was rushing. I didn't tell anyone. Why? Because it's not my problem.

"I have a feeling,", she said. "That following the events that happened, something worse will come."

"Like what? Them breaking up?"

She hit my chest. "Tch, don't say that. It might just happen..."

I scoffed, and just after that, my phone lit up on a notification. And guess who? It's none other than one of the devils we're speaking of. The same happened to her, Seung-ah's phone rang. Her eyes widened and she answered right away.

"Miyoung?", she said. I let the two of them talk while I read the text message from Soonyoung.

7:48 PM

Soonyoung: 

hey 

Soonyoung:

can i go to your house right now??

"Okay, I'll try going there now.", Seung-ah told Miyoung through the phone. "Yepp, see you."

I looked back at the screen of my phone.

Soonyoung:

can i go to your house right now??

Wonwoo:

no

I turned off my phone and set it aside on the table. It kept buzzing, likely more messages from Soonyoung. Judging from the amazing synchronization of those siblings, something must've happened between the two of them, probably just as we were talking about. I looked over at Seung-ah, she was already packing her stuff.

"I have to go. Miyoung's calling me.", she told me.

"You're really going?", I asked.

She gave me a look as  if saying 'duh?'. "Of course, I am. I'm her friend.", she said. She got up but I pulled her back to the couch.

"Wait, stay here. Let her calm down on her own."

"Wha--? No way am I leaving her alone!" She got up, only to pulled back down again. "Let me go."

"No, you're staying here." I sighed. "It's their problem so stay out of it."

"Yah, Soonyoung-sunbae also needs you, and as a friend, you need to--"

"Ah, I don't want to listen." Like a kid, I covered my ears and ignored whatever she was saying. 

She continued nagging on why someone should help their friend at  time like this. Honestly, I don't care about what's happening the two of them. They weren't suppose to be together, in the first place. And once their parents find out, they'll most likely wind up with discontent. 

I covered her mouth, shutting her up.  "Okay, okay!", I said. "We're not done with those movies you brought. Finish them with me."

She said something but it was muffled in my hand. "If Miyoung will get mad at you, just blame me saying I forced you not to go."

She bit my hand. I flinched in pain. "You're right I'll blame you!" She crossed her arms and faced the other way. "So stupid... I'm staying, alright?"

"Fine, just leave if you really want to."

She took a pillow and hit me with it. "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU? DO YOU WANT ME TO LEAVE OR NOT?"

"I'M ALREADY SAYING YOU CAN GO. LEAVE!"

"YOU'RE SO CONFUSING!"

"JUST GET OUT NOW."

"I REALLY AM GOING, YOU BLOCKHEAD."

"THEN, MAKE IT QUICK!"

"I WILL! BYE."

"BYE."

She took her her things and stomped her feet on the way to the door. She even muttered some curses directed to me. I looked back at my coffee table, she left the DVDs she brought. I blew air out of my nose. Guess I'll have to return them on Monday...

A/N: short chap updateeee~ 

not hoshi x miyoung related but uhue