Alternative Ending

Five years after... ( after Chapter LVII)

I kept going back and forth between the campus buildings. Gosh, who created my schedule? It's such crap that I have to run every time my unit ends. What more, break time between classes goes for ten minutes and I waste all of my breaks on the way to the next class. I rushed to my next class. In less than a minute, I'll be considered late.

"Miyoung!", someone called me. 

I stopped my tracks and turned my head towards that person. "What?", I asked, pissed.

"We need your help.", said Megan, one of my friends. "There's a Korean visitor at the St. Hilda Hall. He's looking for someone. We figured it'd be easier if you communicate with him."

"Meg, you know I got to attend Mr. Frank's class or I'm dead for the semester." As much as I want to skip the 3-hour class, I just couldn't risk it. "Why not some other Korean here? There's tons of us."

"Right, well, you're the first one I saw. Come on, Mi." She grabbed on to my hands. "I'll sit in for you."

I gave her a look. "St. Hilda Hall is on the other side of the campus.", I told her.

She looked at the ground and kicked her feet around. She was making whiny noises and it was getting annoying. "Meg, I--"

"Really? You'll go? Oh my gosh, thanks, Miyoung!", she cut me off.

"W-wait, I was gonna say--"

She started to run away. "Just go do it, Mi. I'll treat you next time.", she said as she blast off. I just  sighed and headed to the said place. 

I went inside the admin office and asked about the visitor. They said he's taking a tour around campus. I hung my head low. Now, I have to look for him? Ugh. I blame Meg for all this. It's nearing finals and I seriously need to get my grades up when I'm barely hanging on my pinky for my grades. I thought American colleges would be easier than Korean colleges, or am I just really dumb?

I dragged my feet as I looked for the visitor. This campus is too big to look for a specific stranger. Wait, by now shouldn't there be some other Korean who saw him? The visitor probably saw who he was looking for already. I'm wasting my time here. 

Just when I was thinking all this, some girls started talking about some guy they saw.

"Hey, there's this guy down at Hawthorne Gallery who looks pretty cute." "What, how cute?" "Here, I took a photo." "Oh my god, what department is he in?"

I scoffed. Girls are the same wherever you go. I suddenly remembered back in Korea when the girls at my high school fangirled about Soonyoung's group. Oh, those days... 

The kids from the business department started buzzing around, too. 

"There he is!" "It's the CEO of XX Enterprise!" "No way! He's the CEO? He looks so young!" "Isn't XX Enterprise one of the biggest in the world?"

Jeez, now some big shot is here? What the hell is-- XX Enterprises? It can't be, but somehow, I found myself rushing down the hall. 

I barged inside Hawthorne Gallery only to be greeted awkwardly by the music department. "Oh, hey.", I greeted them. "Have you seen some Korean go in here?", I asked. They pointed at some of their members. "Sorry, not him nor her."

"Sorry, we just got in here.", one of them said.

"Oh, is that so? Then, I'll be leaving now."

I left the room in embarrassment and sighed as I got out. If he really was there, it might've been worse, though. I feel like crying, I was so pumped to see him again. But it can't be true that he's here. There's no way...

"Excuse me?" Someone tapped on my shoulder. "Do you know someone... named..."

My knees collapsed on me, but I was caught by the pair of arms of the person who stood in front of me. 

"You're not gonna faint in front of me, are you?", he jokingly asked.

"I might as well have...", I answered.

He chuckled. "Well, these arms of mine are ready for you anytime, but please do stand straight now. You're even heavier than the last I saw you."

I couldn't find words to argue that statement when I'm just surprised to see him. I punched his face to check if he was real.

"OW!" He cupped his cheek and looked at me furiously. "I know what I said was mean, but damn could you punch."

I covered my mouth with my hands. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I just-- I couldn't-- I wasn't sure if it was really you and I-- oh my god, Soonyoung, what are you doing here?"

"Well," He chuckled then suddenly got down on one knee and looked at me seriously. "I'm here to marry you."

It felt as if everything went blank. Marry me? What? I'm seriously gonna faint here.

"Why?", I instantly asked.

"Because I love you.", he answered.

My face became all red. I looked around and people were looking at us because we were at an open hallway. "Yah, stand up!", I whisper-shouted at him. "It's very embarrassing."

He just laughed. "Aw~ You're still so cute when you're embarrassed."

I glared at him. "A-are you even serious about this...?"

"Yes, I am." He took something out of his pocket then presented the shiny piece of jewelry in a box. "Park Miyoung, will you marry me?"

I don't know what's more annoying, him suddenly coming here saying all of this or the norm of people taking out their phones when something interesting is happening. He used the name I was born with meaning he really is serious. My answer is obvious since the feelings from five years ago still remain. But...

"I'll put my answer on hold for now.", I told him. I received a shocked reaction.

He put back the box in his pocket. "Oh, I guess the times have changed indeed. I'm sorry for coming all this way to di--"

I smiled at him. "Take me to dinner.", I cut him off. "A fancy one. We'll make plans there."

He cracked a bit of a smile on the corner of his lips. "What? I'm a bit confused."

"Well, you made me miss my class. How am I supposed to graduate properly? We'll talk about this after my classes. I can't stay focused if I answer you now."

"Wait, but what do you mean by "plans" a while ago?"

"Our wedding plans.", I said it like it was an obvious thing. "We might as well talk about the names of our children."

He grinned from ear to ear, then scooped me up and spun me around. "Ah, I thought my years of convincing mom and dad have gone to waste."

"If it took that long to convince them, we better make it work this time."

"You're right, because you're not just my girlfriend this time," He put me down and looked me in the eye. "You're also gonna be my wife."

"And you'll be my loving husband." I cupped his face with my hands and was about to lean in when I remembered we were in front of a crowd. "I'll kiss you later.", I whispered to him.

"I'll kiss you now.", he said. He pursued my lips and I had to smile through the kiss. It's been a while and I'm happy to expect plenty more of these to come.

The End.

A/N: lmao i didnt get to update during christmas. somehow i work more when there's school hahaha but now i have no school again hahaha 

also this wasnt so good but even im sad they didnt get together originally so here ya here ya ((sorry for this forced good ending))

ヾ( ̄▽ ̄)Bye~Bye~