Eight - I can't do this

Sara

Dr. Fell finally arrives, and says everythings set and I'm free to go. I feel so relieved. Chris helps me walks on my new crutches out the of the hospital, and I sigh in relief at the fresh air. This is great. 

Chris looks at Lea and she nods. I look at them, confused. 

Chris turns to me, stopping us. "There's something that you need to understand, that I don't.. think you're fully grasping here." I nod slowly at him, signaling for him to continue when he stops talking and gives me a serious look. "Your fame Sara, is real. You are famous. You've been in the hospital for the past two weeks that you've been awake, so you've been shielded to most of it, but now that you're out, you'll begin to see it. Everywhere. I know that this is going to take some getting used to, but you need to accept it," He stops, peering behind me. "And fast." 

My eyes widen, and I slowly turn my body, crutches and all, towards the oncoming load of paparazzi. 

Well shit. 

*** 

We narrowly avoided the paps, that's what they call them, and we got safely to our apartment, that we all share. I thought with four people in it, it would be a little cramped, but I was sorrowly mistaken. This place is huge. It's absolutely crazy. But not only is it huge, it has a very cozy feel, and it's also really modern. I really love it. 

We're sitting in the living room, with hot chocolates, and talking. I can't seem to stop looking around, and it doesn't go unnoticed. 

Chris smiles at me. "So what do you think?" 

I raise my eyebrows. "Well my first reaction was how the hell do we afford this? But then I remembered that we're all huge celebrities, so it kinda makes sense, but it's still insane." 

He chuckles. "Yea. This place is definitely a step up from our previous places." Lea laughs. 

"Oh definitely. The place we had before this, all four of us were living in it, and it was a one bedroom apartment, with one bathroom, and a tiny living room. It was so horrible!" 

Darren laughs and looks at me. "We were just gettin on our feet then, that's what all artists go through at first, beginners struggle. It was fun though. We still had a good time. And look where we are now." 

I smile. That certainly is the truth. Look where we are now... 

My smile fades. Only I don't remember the journey. 

I feel a big, calloused hand grab my smaller one and look up. It's Nick. 

"Whatcha thinkin about, bab- Sara?" I blink at him, and he smiles apoligetically. "It's a habit." 

I smile slightly, astonished. "Nothing. Eveything. I don't know what to think." All of their heads are turned towards me, giving me their full attention, and I'm pulled to tell the truth. 

"Honestly, this is overwhelming. Just everything. When I woke up two weeks ago, I thought I was fifteen." I look them all in the eyes. "Fifteen. I thought I was this awkward teenager, with a hidden gay best friend, not a lot of other friends because I was socially awkward, I was just going into high school, I had my whole life ahead of me..." I stop. Looking down, playing with my fingers. "I lost three years of my life. I don't remember High School, apparently I'm not socially awkard any more I'm.. famous. I have three best friends, a world known band member, which I happen to be.. or I was.. obsessed with, as my boyfriend. I'm an adult now. I'm not a fucking teenager! You guys were telling me all of these insanely funny stories about our experiences, experiences that I would want to remember and cherish but I can't!" I stop, tears running down my face now, "I don't remember anything. Nothing at all, about any of you." Looking between Lea, Darren, and Nick. "I just.. I can't do this. I can't be your guy's best friend, when I don't even know how to." I put my head in my hands and start to cry. 

All of a sudden I feel four different sets of hands on me at once, all of them sitting around me on the loveseat, tears flowing down all of their faces as well. Darren and Chris are sitting on either side of me, and Nick has come around the other side of the sofa putting his arms around my shoulders, hugging me tightly. Lea is on the floor hugging my legs and rocking back and forth and I burst out laughing despite my tears. Some how, this girl always gets me to laugh. 

She looks up, her eyes shining, looking right into mine. "I love you Bara. We all do. I know you don't remember, but we don't care. We'll help you get your memory back." She stands up. "And we'll have fun doing it." 

Nick kisses my head, and untangles his arms from around my torso, going to sit beside Lea on the other couch. 

Darren hugs me tightly for a second longer, and lets go. "We'll help you through this, honey." 

Chris is still hanging onto me. "Yep." 

I smile. "Thank you." 

I laugh, looking at Chris. "I'm fine now, you can let go." 

Chris laughs but doesn't. "Yea I know. But I'm fine right here." I laugh and put my arms around him, hugging him tightly back. 

Darren and Nick look at us, with laughter in their eyes. 

I yawn suddenly. "Damn, so where's my room guys? I'm actually really tired." 

Chris finally lets go and smirks at me, and then looks at Nick and then back at me. "You mean the bedroom you share with Nick?" My eyes widen to an impossible size, and I blush like crazy. Oh god, I had forgotten about that. 

Nick smirks as well, seeing my reaction. 

They're all smiling or smirking at my reaction and I get up, wanting to get out of here. I look at Nick. 

"Well?" He stands, surprised. 

"Follow me." 

This is going to be interesting.