Chapter Thirty - I love you.

Everyone is staring at me, their eyes are wide and their mouths are practically on the floor. Nick is the first to snap out of it. He grins, taking my hands in his. 

"Really?" His eyes are hopeful. 

I pull him closer. "Really." 

A deep relieved laugh goes through him and he pulls me impossibly closer, kissing me deeply. 

Throats are cleared and we laugh as we pull apart. I stand up and hug them each individually. 

"Are you serious?" Lea practically shouts. "Just out of nowhere, it's all back?" 

I nod. "Yeah, it feels like it's all just snapped into place. I remember coming to Cali, my first recording..." I look at Nick. "I remember the birth of our daughter." 

He smiles at me gleefully and I laugh. 

Chris jumps up and down suddenly. 

"Yes!" And picks me up, spinning me around. As he puts me down Darren wastes no time in taking me into his arms and hugging me tightly. 

"Finally." He whispers, grinning like a mad man when he pulls away. 

~*~

We sit their for the next couple of hours, reveling in stories and memories. 

It's truly the first time in my life that i've felt so whole and relieved. Losing the last four years of my life was like a lost beloved belonging that I could never get back. It was th is constant nagging memory in the back of my mind that would taunt me from afar. 

Sitting here with my friends, with Darren and Lea and Nick, remember how I met them... It's amazing. 

Chris and I walk into Starbucks, pushing each other and laughing playfully. It's the first time we're acutally out in the city, enjoying it without our parents. I laugh at Chris when he steps into a sign on the floor that's telling us about their happy hour. 

He looks around, telling me to shut up, and making sure that no one seen him. I laugh again and we stand in line. As we're waiting, a guy walks up to Chris and smiles shyly at him. 

"Hey." The guy says to Chris.  

Chris looks at the guy in a weird way and I know immediately that Chris likes him. I nudge him in the shoulder. "Say something!" I whisper to Chris, snapping him out of whatever trance he was in. 

He smiles at the guy. "Uh, hi." I stiffle a laugh at how awkward they are and step up to order, as the lady in front of us finishes, leaving the two alone to awkwardly look at each other. 

When I get done ordering for Chris and I, they're sitting at a table together laughing at something. I smile at my best friend. As I watch the guy make our drinks, a girl comes up to me. She looks at Chris and Darren and then back to me. "Looks like they're getting along." She says and grins. 

I smile awkwardly, not knowing what to say as this stranger states the obvious. 

She smiles at me again and holds out her hand. "The names Lea." 

I look at my friends, and laugh. Chris smiles, "What?" 

I shake my head, laughing. "I remember how we met Lea and Darren. We were in Starbucks. You guys were so awkward." I tip my head back in laughter and Lea joins me in the memory. 

"Oh my god yes!" She says, laughing hysterically. "They just sat there starring at each other for like a half an hour! What were you guys even saying to each other?" She asks. 

Darren grins at Chris and he blushes furiously. "Shut up, all of you!" Chris says, tring not to laugh but failing miserably. We look to Darren and he laughs again. "Well after we had an awkward starring contest, waiting for one of to talk, I made a corny joke and he laughed and I laughed and-" 

Chris interrupts, "..and the rest is history." He says and kisses Darren tenderly. When they pull away they smile lovingly at each other and Lea and I "awe" in unison. 

I feel arms around my waist and I look up and Nick is looking down at me, smiling. I lean up and kiss him, feeling him smiling into the kiss. 

As Chris, Darren, Nick, and I are wrapped up in ourselves we hear Lea sigh really loud suddenly. 

"Guys, come on!" 

We all burst into laughter and I embrace Lea, hugging her tightly. 

We spend the rest of the night laughing and reminiscing about the past, and for the first time in a long time I feel completely at home and at peace. 

--*--

When I wake up the next morning I'm our bed with Nick's hands wrapped around my waist. I smile and turn around, careful not to wake him up. I stare at him for a while until one of his eyes pops open and he grins at me. 

"Stop staring. It's creepy." 

I scoff playfully. "It's romantic." 

"Nah, it's creepy." He says and I swat at his arm. 

I squeal suddenly as he tickles my sides. "Nick!" I get up and move away from him, but he's not having any of it and he pulls me back quickly and pins me under him. He peppers tiny kisses over my face and continues to tickle my sides. 

I can't stop giggling, as his mouth moves to my neck and his fingers slowly stop tickling me and he interlocks our fingers kissing my neck tenderly, and I moan. 

He pulls away after several minutes and kisses my lips slowly. "I love you, baby." He says as he rests his forehead on mine, looking into my eyes. I can see the love that he has for me there and I grin, truly loving this man above me.

"I love you." 

He smiles and gets off me, helping me up off the bed. We walk to the kitchen hand in hand and see a huge breakfast layed out on the table and kitchen counter tops. My mouth drops open as the three chefs turn around and yell surprise. 

I laugh and hug them each, while looking around at the pancakes drizzled in milk chocolate and carmel, the french toast, scrambled eggs, chocolate milk, orange juice, and varies fruits that cover the table. 

"Wow, oh my god guys! How early did you get up?" I ask looking at the clock, to see that it's only ten o'clock. 

Darren smiles. "Around seven." 

I shake my head at them. "Wow." 

Lea chuckles and hugs me. "Sit down both of you!" 

When I sit I get a plate sat before me of pretty much everything on the table. "Thank you guys, so much!" I say, smiling from ear to ear. I look beside me at Nick. "Did you have something to do with this?" 

"Nope, this is as much a surprise to him as it is to you." Chris answers for him. "Just eat and relax!" He says, making a big display with his hands, I laugh. 

They all get their food and join us as well and I can't stop smiling the entire time. Towards the end of the meal, I stop eating when I finally figure out that they've all been staring at me. I see they're all done with their food and I put my hands up defensively. 

"What? I'm a slow eater. You guys know this." 

They all just shake their heads and keep smiling, Darren, Lea, and Chris keep glancing between Nick and I grinning knowingly. I look around at all of them and sigh. 

"What?" 

They continue staring and I'm getting irrated now, did I do something funny? 

"WHAT, FOR CHRIST'S-" 

Nick interrupts me when he gets up suddenly. 

He looks down at me and then he does something that completely takes me off guard and sets my heart racing frantically within my chest. 

I gasp as he lowers himself down onto the flour, getting on one knee. I cover my mouth, as it's dropped to the floor and he whispers four words. 

"Will you marry me?"