Twelve - Heated embrace

I don't know how long I stand in the bathroom, starring at the door after her, but when I finally recover I stumble out and into the living room. Nick is starring hard at Lea, scowling and I grimace. He obviously doesn't like this arrangement. I don't blame him though. 

Lea looks at me and smiles. "Well, you know what guys? I'm really, really tired so I think I'm going to go to bed." 

Chris stands up and gives me a small smile, mouthing you'll be fine. Darren stands up and loops his arm through Chris'. "It's been a long day." 

All three of them go to their rooms and leave Nick and I in the living room. 

Nick clears his throat. "I'll sleep on the couch. It's fine-" and I cut him off. 

"No. No way, you can sleep in the room. I'll sleep on the couch. Where do you guys put the extra pillows?" 

He scoffs. "Um, no. You're sleeping in the room, and I'm sleeping on the couch. There's no way I'm letting you sleep on the couch. I'll go get a pillow off our bed... um.. my.. your bed and-yea." He cuts himself of and heads towards his room, and I gape at him, irritated. 

"Excuse you!" I follow him into the room and take the pillow out of his hands and then I head back into the living room. Take that. "Good night Nick."

I hear quick footsteps behind me, and the pillow gets snatched out of my hand. "Yea, good night Sara." 

I let out an outraged sound and walk in front of him before he can get to the couch. I try to take the pillow out of his hands but he holds it above him and my mouth pops open. "Oh no you don't. You did not just do that. It's not fair that you're taller than me. Give me the pillow now." 

He smirks at me. "Yea, I don't think so short stuff." 

I glare at him. "Really? Short stuff? Seriously?" 

He grins, still holding the pillow above his head leisurely and I do something without thinking, I poke his ribs. He bursts out laughing and I giggle, taking the pillow and sitting on the couch. 

"I win. Good night." I go to turn the lamp off and the pillow is snatched out of my hands once again." I sigh, and get up, ready to tickle him again, but I slip on the blanket I must have knocked on the floor when I landed on the couch, and fall into him. His arms go around my waist, but he can't save both of us. We fall onto the floor, with me on top of him. We're both laughing hard, my head on his chest. We seem to realize what position were in at the same time and we both recover quickly, I look down at him, his eyes revealing some hidden emotion I can't seem to figure out. I move to get up, "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. Ha.. wow I'm-"

His arm latches around my waist, holding me tighter to him, and his lips cut me off when they connect with mine. My eyes get wide, and then I close them. Sinking into him further and slipping my hands through his dark curls. He rubs my back soothingly and I kiss him harder. His hands reaches up to undo my pony tail and my short hair falls around my shoulders onto his face. He laughs into the kiss and I pull away, giving us both air. I smile down at him as he grins up at me. 

He tucks my hair behind my ear. "I love you." 

The reality of the situation were in comes crashing back to me and I stumble quickly off of him, tearing his arms away from my waist. I run to the bedroom and close the door, falling onto the bed. 

Oh my god. How could I have just kissed him like that? How could I do that? I mean, I've always loved him as an artist, but I don't know him! I don't! I can't do this to him, and to myself. It's not fair. I cry into the pillow and I don't realize that the door has opened and someone has slipped in until I feel a hand at my back. I turn around and scoot away from Nick. He's not having any it though as he turns me all the way around and pins my hands to the pillow, kissing me again. I struggle for a moment, but then give in. He lets go of my hands and I weave them through his hair, forgetting all of my problems for the moment in this bliss that is Nick Jonas. 

He pulls away and runs his hands through my hair. He positions himself to where he's laying beside me and kisses me lightly. I pull away and put my head on his chest. 

"I can't do this, Nick." I try to push him away again, but he just holds me tighter. 

"When you first came to Cali, I was on a our last tour. You were sixteen, I was eighteen. You and Chris came to one of our concerts. It was good, my brothers and I were seriously tired. It was about the last hour of meet and greets and you two were the last people that we had. All we really wanted to do was get it over with so we could go to our hotel, so we signed your CD's and as we got up to leave I looked at you, and..." He stops and takes a breath, I raise my head and look at him. "I remember, I automatically was just mesmerized by you. Your eyes, your hair. The way you looked down when I looked you in the eyes. You were the cutest, most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. I grinned at you, and you giggled and I was instantly hooked. I still had your CD in my hand and as I signed my name I wrote my number on it as well. When you looked at it, your eyes got all wide and you almost started hyperventilating. It was hilarious, and cute!" He adds when I mock glare at him, I smile. 

I hide my face in his chest, and sigh. That must have been something. I mean, that's every girls dream to have their celebrity crush write their number so you can call them. Yea, I actually got my dream to come true and then I can't remember it. What did I do to deserve this? 

Nick nudges me and tilts my head up higher. "I still think you're the cutest, most beautiful, and smartest girl I've ever met. I'm sorry for just.. saying I love you earlier, but it's true. I love you so, very much. Believe it or not, we were dating before we got into the accident, we were Hollywood's "it" couple. Whatever the hell that was. It was stupid, but we were. We thought nothing of it though, and we loved each other. I still love you though, and I hope in time, you can learn to.." He stops and looks down at his hands. "Or you can remember everything. I hope. I don't know, this is all honestly very fucked up." I nod. 

"Indeed." 

I put my head back on his chest and chuckle. "I love that. How we met. I had always wanted to go to one of your concerts." 

"Yea, you won tickets for two in some radio talk show." 

I nod, remembering. "Yea, it was K-OG5 103.9. I remember I was so excited." Nick sits up and looks at me, his eyes wide and mouth hanging open. 

"You.. you remember?!"

I sit up, my eyes just as wide as his. "Holy. Shit."