Nineteen - Dance with me

We all pile into seperate cars. 

Lea, Darren, Chris, Chord, Kevin, and I in ours. We peel out of the parking lot and head toward our apartment. 

Chord is sitting on my right, Kevin to my left. Behind us, Lea, Darren, and Chris are in a heated discussion about the next episode. I look at the two guys beside me and they cock their heads questioningly. 

"Yeah?" Chord asks, chuckling. 

I shake my head. "Nothing, I was just wandering if I knew you guys very well before... you know." 

Kevin pats my hand and they both look sad for a moment. 

Kevin nods, "Yes, you knew us well, just as we knew you well. You were close with the whole cast," He gets a far away look in his eye and then looks down. "Corey loved you." 

I cast my eyes down. "Ryan told me we were friends." I sigh and fold my arms, feeling somewhat like a small child, but not caring. "It's really not fair that I don't remember him. It doesn't feel right." 

Chord takes my hand. "You know what? This is a blessing in disguise really. I mean, when you and Nick got into that accident we were all devistated. You were both in the hospital, and when Nick got out and you didn't..." He takes a breath. "We really... didn't know what to do. I mean it had been only 2 weeks since Corey had died. If something happened to you too-"

He sounds a bit choked up and I put my arms around him. 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the pain that must have cost all of you." 

He chuckles through the tears that he quickly wipes off his face. 

Kevin takes my hand and kisses it. "Hey, it's not your fault."

I smile and am about to talk when the driver speaks up. 

"We're here."

~*~

We get into the apartment, Chord and Kevin deciding to stay in the car and all four of us quickly get ready. 

I call Nick and he said he'd meet us at the club. I'm confused as to how he'll know which club were at but Lea assures me we've been to it before, it's a regular place for us. 

As soon as we're done getting ready we quickly go out to the car and shuffle in. 

I sit between Chord and Kevin again and we continously laugh at Chord's outrageous jokes. 

When we get to the club I gawk slightly. It's huge. The club itself is at least 3 stories high, neon purple and green flashes grazing the building, lighting it in in a way that makes me smile. 

We get out of the car and walk up to the huge doors. A four square rope fence scales the door, with four burly security guards standing in front of it on all sides. Two huge lines on either side of the ropes. I follow our party of about fifteen people to the middle and the guards immediately step aside, letting us through. I hear several shouts, and whistles. People calling our names. 

I follow everyone's lead as they ignore it and we step inside the huge club. 

If I thought the outside was glamorous...

Huge disco balls line the ceiling, neon lighting shooting from every angle in the room. I glance at everyone in my party and they seem to be perfectly at ease with the beautiful room. I gawk as my eyes roam to the huge DJ booth above everyone. In a glass window, a afro wearing black man stand behind a huge booth, I hear his voice all around us as the music pumps faster and bodies grind to the beat.